Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After adding/changing:

dp full termi ecu
dp air box lid
leo vince cat
leo vince slip ons
Power comander V

I have an idle that dances in between 1200 and 1000, any one else experience this and is this a simple air bleed fix ?

If so any one know the a/f ratio i would be looking for at idle ?

P.S. I did rest the TPS and calibrate the TPS for the PCV

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
I got the same results after installing similar parts. I had mine dyno tuned and it seemed to get a little better, but it still lopes at idle. I also still have an occassional problem.............the bike will die if I blip the throttle quickly after pulling in the clutch. I also think mine is running a little rich since I get more soot on my exhaust tips than before. I am not sure it is related, but could be. I am gonna take it back to the shop and have them look at it again.

Out!

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
its the nature of these newer ducatis i believe ever since all the euro 4 crap went into effect.the dp ecu and proper tuning will do it for the most part but u will still get ocational rpm climbing and stalling

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
My idle has been rock solid at 1300 RPM for almost a year with DP slip on ECU, DP airbox lid, BMC filter, Leo Vince Cat Eliminator and Leo Vince exhaust... thanks to the magical touch of Bill Himmelsbach at Eurosports in Coopersburg, PA.

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
After adding/changing:

dp termi ecu
dp air box lid
leo vince cat
leo vince slip ons
Power comander V

I have an idle that dances in between 1200 and 1000, any one else experience this and is this a simple air bleed fix ?

If so any one know the a/f ratio i would be looking for at idle ?

P.S. I did rest the TPS and calibrate the TPS for the PCV
peter can advise in more detail how to adjust the co mixture, but in meantime have the air screws in the throttle bodies adjusted, after the bike has warmed up to operating temp.

·
Registered
250 Posts
ive been dealing with the same issue. had it tuned in the spring and it ran perfect for several months. just started to act up again...too me it sound like its running rich. mine will go from 900-1300

2-1 termis, dp ecu.

·
Registered
671 Posts
loping idle after mods is lean at the throtle body fuel screws. try turning them slightly richer (out I think) while the bike is idling.

·
Registered
152 Posts
hahah yea me too same issue!! U need to raise the idle just a tad.. I am buying a VDST for this very reason!! U can never trust the dealership..

·
Registered
592 Posts
mine does this too. it will crank for ages unless i blip the gas. had it checked on dyno, still did it after a TB sync etc and was told by the garage (not a dealer) that its common with the multis too. its fine when its warm so I've given up caring. had it dynoed and it was ok. its now a bit better after removing the airbox.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Air bleed screws turned out will make it leaner. You have a lot of variables that are undefined, like the ECU trim and PC V map. I have the same setup minus the PC and mine runs perfect. The idle will get a little lumpy for a very short time as the bike warms up, then its smooth. I'd get it running right with just the DP ECU first before adding the PC.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'd get it running right with just the DP ECU first before adding the PC.
The PC mapping isn't making any changes below 10% throttle, so for right now its out the equation. messing with the air bleeds did change the idle, but without an adaptor to sample each cylinder using my o2 sensor set up I can tell for sure which way is the right way to cure the issue.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Same issue - no worries

I HAD the same issue with my stock 09 S. I removed the stock baffling, had it tunned @ Delamo Mtrspts by Mario and he installed a small harness btw the O2 and ECU for A/F adjustments. He richened it up and balance the air screw adjustsment bwt the cyclinders and POW! It runs soooo much stronger! It still lopes when warming up but is smooth after that. It idles about 1100-1200 all day long. Sacrifice to mpg but big gain in off idle performance. By the way the add on ecu's don't do anything for low rpm's and idling issue's (info from Mario). Get yours tunned by someone experienced and you'll never regret the 200ish price!

·
Registered
605 Posts
By the way the add on ecu's don't do anything for low rpm's and idling issue's (info from Mario).
With all due respect this is totally incorrect. The DP ECUs are open loop with adjustable trim (via VDST), and can be precisely tuned for correct idle/low demand mixture. Its the high demand part of the map that is fixed and trim has little to no effect.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts