Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i mean really loose, even radially. anyone know a spec limit? i have heard rumors of oversize buttons but i am dubious if this can be done and keep everything concentric. i want these to last till i can afford the brake-tech ductile iron items.:confused:

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
maybe buttons with spring clips?

·
Registered
570 Posts
I have asked this question in here when I was but a newbie. The majority of the responses were; "Send them to me if the rattling bothers you!" They do get loose to the point they sound like they are going to come off the bike. I have been told by members in here that is normal.:D

I took my SP in for a "safety check" after I adjusted the valves and changed belts at my dealer this week and my very loose and rattling rotors were no concern to the mechanics. ;) Now if any of the buttons are missing or you get a horrible noise when applying the brakes then maybe it's time to rebuild them/replace buttons. That has been covered in here too. Search function is your friend.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
with cast iron rotors, aluminum carrier, steel buttons it seems the buttons are going to be the last to go.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts