Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Running a 11.56 @ 113.32mph in the 1/4 mile. Good time. But they did pick the HD XR1200 over the Ducati. But where they screwed up is not using the GT instead with the more upright bars etc......................

·
Premium Member
2,456 Posts
That's a good time indeed, for an air-cooled 2-V twin.

I'll bet they would have taken a few more tenths off with the 14-T sprocket and Termi kit.

But let's face it - no one buys an SC for drag racing. More important that it sounds and feels wonderful while you are flogging it!

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes Sir.

My first real ride on my GT was saturday 270 miles and sunday 312. With 14 tooth and new Termi kit. The sound compared to the other bikes was great.

·
Registered
517 Posts
HD XR1200 vs SC? or GT?

Running a 11.56 @ 113.32mph in the 1/4 mile. Good time. But they did pick the HD XR1200 over the Ducati. But where they screwed up is not using the GT instead with the more upright bars etc......................
Is that from the July issue of Cycle World?
Borders doesn't have it yet!! They only have the June issue...
Anyway you can share that article with the rest of us?

~k

·
Registered
132 Posts
Is that from the July issue of Cycle World?
Borders doesn't have it yet!! They only have the June issue...
Anyway you can share that article with the rest of us?

~k
The gist of the article said both bikes are great in their own right with the Ducati being a better canyon carver. However they gave the final nod to the XD 1200 because it was a better all-around bike (more comfortable ergos, etc., etc.)

I agree that they should have used the GT 1000 instead of the Sport 1000 as that would have been a closer direct comparison.

-j

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts