Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am pondering trading up my 2010 Multi 1200 S Touring, for a new fangled 2018 1260 S Touring.

I visited the idea of trading up back in 2015, and was not impressed with the newer model (version 2.0) Multi 1200 ... but now, this 2018 1260 is something else then again.

love the power delivery, love the tech built into the TFT and all the safety functionality ... and it's still just homely enough to appeal to my twisted design taste ;-)

so, now the only remaining pondering point: which color to get? all 4 of my previous Ducatis have been rosso ... and the new Multi does look nice in a red dress ... but, the bianca version, she is stunning.

so, which color is best for the 1260 S Touring?

Attachments

·
Registered
661 Posts
I put close to 30k miles on my 2012 Multi S, the new 1260 is the perfect evolution of this bike. More refined, and the DVT is very smooth even at 3.5 k and up. Really impressed with the bike so far.

Between those two I'd vote Red but the wheels on the white look good

May I recommend Volcano Grey, it comes with 5 more HP :)

Attachments

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
May I recommend Volcano Grey, it comes with 5 more HP :)
agree ... the Volcano Grey looks cool ... but I spoke with a few of my friends who are professional painters (bikes/cars) and they all advised against the matte finish of the Volcano Grey, as any chips or scratches are REALLY difficult to touchup/match the color/sheen.

5 hp though ... I might just need to lose another 2 lbs to get the same effect of the 5 hp ;-)

·
Registered
661 Posts
I had mine wrapped in S tek dyno matte paint protection film, can’t tell it’s on there and should protect against rock chips.

I wonder what the red with the gold wheels would look like

1 - 5 of 5 Posts