Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to the Ducati world. I've always wanted one, ever since I watched them race at MidOhio in the early 90's. I'm looking to make a purchase of a 1998 to 2002 sport touring model sometime this year. What I would like is help with anything to look out for. Anything at all will help. I've owned many bikes in the past (Kow's, Honda, HD) so I know the general stuff to look for. I need Duc related items.

Also; If I can get an idea of cost for tune-up's/maintainance on average. That would be great to.

·
Still needs a life.
12,619 Posts
The MY '98 ST2 had some issues with the alternator. The last ST4 offered in the US was MY '01. It was replaced with the ST4s, which lasted from MY '02 through MY '05. For MY '06, the Ducati ST line is limited to the ST3 and ST3s. They share the same 3 valve engine, but the ST3s has an upgraded suspension package.

Check this thread for a discussion of maintenance costs:
http://www.ducati.ms/forums/showthread.php?t=2338

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.