Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As title says I'm looking at potentially buying a Hypermotard 950. I am just seeing what are owners feeling of the bike. The bike will be in all weather all season use as I dont drive. Do these survive uk winter well? Do things rust quick etc. Also are they prone to any problems. I will be coming from a KTM 790 duke. And mine unfortunately was filled with problems. From oil leaks coolant leaks to power flat spots. So I dont want to go into another bike like that. Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
545 Posts
While i cant say for the 950 (1100 evo sp owner myself) and observation ive made of new models while ive been waiting for mine to be mot'd at the local ducati shop - yeah....itll rust like a good'un....but, thats not to say its not going to be reliable (it really depends of if its a keeper)....i dont change bikes very often atall and, to that end i invest a little bit into them so, if thats you then yeah, theyre reliable but, i would personally factor in steadily replacing pretty well all the fixings for either stainless or Ti (what ive done) also, expect to get stuff recoated....my whole engine has been cerakoted at the original paint was falling off...an engine split kinda meant i was going to do that anyway. Mines had the stand unit recoated, exhaust headers, rocker covers, headlamp frame and a few other bits i cant remember but, as i say if you keep it and get stuff recoated as most oem coatings are shite then itll weather very well...i do this for all 4 of my bikes...in the long run theyre easier to clean also. If you get one a good guage of how quickly the fixings corrode will be the front caliper bolts....theyll go chalky within 500 miles...thatll be the barometer of the rest of the bike...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts