Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

Looking to buy a Monster: Should I go used or new?

1946 Views 8 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  rgeg
I'm looking at a 2004 Monster 1000S for around 6k with 5k miles. I'm debating whether I should go ahead and get this used one or buy a new one like the S2. In your opinion, is the 04 1000S a good bike? Is it better than the S2 800?
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
62 Posts
ddicosmo said:
I'm looking at a 2004 Monster 1000S for around 6k with 5k miles. I'm debating whether I should go ahead and get this used one or buy a new one like the S2. In your opinion, is the 04 1000S a good bike? Is it better than the S2 800?
I think you have to ask yourself what you are looking for in a bike? The monster is less expensive and the bigger motor provides more grunt.

The S2 is more oriented for the track with all its nice components. Its smaller engine become more manageable.

Yes, as an owner of a Monster, I would say it is comfortable. I am 5'10" and have no complaints.

The used monster is more logical price wise because you got depreciation in your favor and will allow you to use the funds to modify if necessary. The con is you might be getting into a Cagiva edition (pre-00) which has poorer build quality. Now the 00 and up are better built. With a new bike you have peace of mind in the name of a warranty.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.