Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there all. I'm looking at getting a new bike and came accross the Monster today and I really liked it. I'm 5'3" and need a low sitting bike, so the Monster seems like it might be a good fit.
I wanted to get some reviews on it and any suggestions on accesories. I know I will want to get rid of the shovel on the back, that holds the tag. Any suggestions on some after market tag/light kits would be great. I'm sure I will want to get a new pipe too. I like the idea of carbon fiber pipe as well.

Thanks for any info.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
well...there are a myriad of ways to customize a monster to make it as personal and unique as you are....as far as getting rid of the tractor flap on the back...you can do a makeshift tag holder from some Home Depot materials like some aluminum corner bracing for drywall or even some flashing for roof drainage bent to the right shape and attached...it isn't hard at all.....as far as mods though...they can go as far and as wide as you wallet...so be careful...and conserve where you can so you can drop bucks when needed or wanted on other things!....the 1st accesory I'd suggest though...Sargent Seat!....your bumm will thank you for it!....after that...it is all dependant on what kind of riding you want to be doing and and what you needs are as far as suggestions on accesories and mods!

·
Registered
923 Posts
For visual mods like the tag holder - the options are a dime a dozen. Do your research - on the web and even in Ducati's standard catalogue of their own "aftermarket" goodies. Check out the galleries at DucatiMonster.org for ideas, as well as the rest of the net. I have yet to see a vertical plate hung on the swing arm ("chopper" style) on a Monster ...

And there's probably just as many exhaust options too ... depends on how much you're willing to part with. ;) My suggestion is raise 'em up a little, get yourself a little more cornering clearance. ;)

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
Remember that if you lower the rear to also lower the front the same amount or you will end up with a bike that doesn’t want to corner very well. If you can find a low seat for that model you can gain an inch.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I owned 2 different 620 Monsters. They are great bikes and arguably better than the 696 series that replaced them. They are more comfortable and don't radiate nearly as much heat. Make sure to check the gas tank. If it's a plastic one it may have swelled. This will be evident if it rests evenly on the frame and it unlashes easily at the lock by the ignition.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts