Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I have a 2006 SC that is a stunning track machine I just purchased and will be shipped to me shortly. I would like to make it street legal and have some plans for the rear tail light.

The current owner left the wiring harness in tact (yay!). What I am looking for is the plug and wires to an existing stock bike. Anybody have some stockers kicking around that they want to sell? I dont care if the lights are broken as long as the wiring is fine.

thanks

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
WASP could also be your man here. send him a note. If you're looking for a complete tail chop piece, his is awesome, complete with all the wires, blinkers (F/R), tail light etc...

If not, I may have an extra set of wires which would include the white connector, then you'd have to connect them to lights/blinkers, etc... I can label it for you... but that's just the wires, you'd have to get a tailpiece of some sort. happy to give this to you. let me know.

cheers,
D.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Long time lurker loves the sound of thunder

Well I guess the duc is out of the bag. :p

Hey all, yep, the mighty Thunderduc is heading to the Rockies where it will be very well cared for and ridden often (though never as well as Chris could).

I am a long time duc owner and have had my eye on customizing an 06 SC for quite some time. I even created a wish list of what I wanted to make. Funny thing is that over a year ago, I found Chris' website and bookmarked it as a great example of what I wanted to build (before it became 2.0 even). It had both the performance and style upgrades on my wish list.

I knew I wanted to upgrade the wheels and suspension and add a Zard system and front fairing to an 06. I helped a good friend build one that has been on this board (gulf blue paint scheme with Zard's).

After chatting with Chris recently, his vision matched mine perfectly and things fell in place. Chris has been awesome and I can't say enough good things about him. I hope he knows the bike is going to a true Ducatisti!

I have plans to make it both a track and a street bike, with a removable light system. Phil has been awesome to work with and is helping me with some of the wiring. Though I am going with a different tail light than the FLEDA for now, I am using his plate bracket.

I look forward to getting to know y'all. I am sure some of you are on the other Ducati boards I frequent and we have probably even met at Ducati events and races.

Chris, as I mentioned to ya, my garage is your garage any time you want to get back on Thunderduc! Beer and lodging is just a call away.

Here are a couple of shots of my current steeds. Thanks all. See ya in the twisties! John...aka...desmodevil...ducducgooseme.

·
Premium Member
1,176 Posts
John -

Any updates?

Nice stable, by the way!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Sorry for the delay...

Came out great! Just got the seat back from the guys who make the seats for Ecosse in Denver and finished the lights..

I also relocated the PC3, some of the harness, polished the pipes and added some minimal belt covers.

Take a gander...not very good pics, but the snow kinda jacked it up

Here is a short video showing the front lights I added in the intakes:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdFa0ITRh8g

·
Premium Member
2,241 Posts
Hey all,

I have a 2006 SC that is a stunning track machine I just purchased and will be shipped to me shortly. I would like to make it street legal and have some plans for the rear tail light.
I don't know how I missed the rest of this thread that said that you did in fact buy ThunderDuc! I actually bought the original tail assembly off of Chris when he was raising money for the ThunderDuc project. Bought several things off of him actually. Glad to see that a new home was found for his pride and joy, and it certainly looks as if it is going to be looked after very well.

Be sure to post up pics for us from time to time as many of us followed this build from the very beginning. A lot of us felt as if we were a part of it so take care.:D

·
Registered
649 Posts
It's tough walking into the garage and not seeing it or now seeing it there- but very glad it went to a good home.

It's nice to know that you made an impact on some, even it was small in my book.

I miss the bike, and will always miss it, I had a lot of time spent on her and a lot of people helped make that bike a reality- from all over the world.

The community here, it is something special. I will stay in touch when I can with everyone and hope to someday get back on a Ducati racebike.

·
Premium Member
1,176 Posts
John -

That's FANTASTIC! I love how you integrated the headlights into the former intake openings, and the tail light and signals are barely noticeable!

That is some pretty slick work. And the polished pipes look pretty dressy as well.

I can't wait to see what you have planned next!

·
Registered
364 Posts
You Lucky Dog! That bike will be a historic bike in the Sport Classic forum it is the finest example of craftsmanship that can be done to a Sport 1000 it will never be topped. I just hope one day to see it in person. It has to go into the next Calendar. Whew! Nice.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Sorry for the delay...

Came out great! Just got the seat back from the guys who make the seats for Ecosse in Denver and finished the lights..

I also relocated the PC3, some of the harness, polished the pipes and added some minimal belt covers.

Take a gander...not very good pics, but the snow kinda jacked it up

Here is a short video showing the front lights I added in the intakes:
YouTube - ThunderDucLights
Skinner- what tail light did you end up using? I love this half-moon style fitment but can not find!!! help a Denver brother out!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts