Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to add a set of Aux lights to my 2016 MTS, but I have some particular requirements. Any suggestions and feedback will be welcome.

I've already installed the Touratech/Ducati crash bars so I have a good place to mount the lights. I want a set of lights that has interchangeable lenses so I can run yellow lenses during the day and take them off at night if I need the extra light.

The primary purpose of the lights will be to make myself more visible to oncoming traffic and to my riding buddies in front of me when we're far apart. I don't need the Aux lights to light up the road; it's mostly to provide visibility. But extra illumination at night in the forests and desert would be appreciated.

I'm not concerned about dimming the lights or switching them on or off. I don't mind if they're on full blast when the bike is running.

I've been looking at the Denali lights and some other options but I'm confused by the various lens choices. The choice of lens affects how focused the beam is or how widely it's dispersed and I don't have a good sense which angle to choose.

Ease of installation would be a big plus but it's not the primary consideration.

I know some of you guys (I'm talking to you Enduro owners) must be running Aux lights. Any help will be appreciated.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just get a set of Baja Designs. S1s are the smallest lights but not un-bright. Most Baja lights have lenses you can swap as well as plastic caps that you snap on top with amber lenses as well. You can also go up to a larger light if you want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
243 Posts
I want to add a set of Aux lights to my 2016 MTS, but I have some particular requirements. Any suggestions and feedback will be welcome.

I've already installed the Touratech/Ducati crash bars so I have a good place to mount the lights. I want a set of lights that has interchangeable lenses so I can run yellow lenses during the day and take them off at night if I need the extra light.

The primary purpose of the lights will be to make myself more visible to oncoming traffic and to my riding buddies in front of me when we're far apart. I don't need the Aux lights to light up the road; it's mostly to provide visibility. But extra illumination at night in the forests and desert would be appreciated.

I'm not concerned about dimming the lights or switching them on or off. I don't mind if they're on full blast when the bike is running.

I've been looking at the Denali lights and some other options but I'm confused by the various lens choices. The choice of lens affects how focused the beam is or how widely it's dispersed and I don't have a good sense which angle to choose.

Ease of installation would be a big plus but it's not the primary consideration.

I know some of you guys (I'm talking to you Enduro owners) must be running Aux lights. Any help will be appreciated.
Denali, Twisted Throttle

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
662 Posts
I put Clearwaters on my ‘12 for the same reason: for cagers seeing me! They recommended their 800 lumen driving lights and they are ‘bright’. Guys do not like ridding in front of me because I look like an alien spaceship coming into land. I mounted them on Ducati’s factory radiator mount brackets. Which Clearwaters? Don’t remember, but their website will point you to which ones.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I'll also vote for the Baja Designs S1's. Make sure you get a good quality, water resistant handlebar mount switch. Most light packages come with a relay.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Update:

I got the Baja Designs Squadron Pro kit which came highly recommended by a trusted source. I added amber lens covers and the Skeen dimmer. Hope to get it all installed next week.

The Squadron has more of an adventure bike look, but so does my bike. Baja Designs also makes smaller lights that are very bright and will accept amber snap-on lenses.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts