Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
I am replacing all the bodywork on my 748 and am looking for cool paint schemes or ideas. Any one have any good ideas?
Thanks,
CFC

·
Registered
44 Posts
Here are my favorites paint schemes for the 748/916/996/998 series:

1. Red tank and bodywork with white number panels, black frames (main and rear), black wheels.

2. Yellow tank and bodywork with white number panels, black frames (main and rear), black wheels.

3. White tank and bodywork (maybe with red number panels), red main frame, black rear frame, black wheels. If you want to see how good a white tank and a white bodywork can actually look on a 748/916/996/998 take a look at the "998 CR" by Moto Corse. Very sexy... ;)

4. Silver tank and bodywork (without number panels), black frames, black wheels. Nice examples for the look of a silver tank and silver bodywork are the Neiman Marcus "748 L" and the 1997 "916 Senna II".

From my point of view these rather plain paint schemes can be further enhanced by limiting the lettering (stickers etc.) on the bike to just one "DUCATI" lettering on the tank or on the bodywork which should be black (for the red, yellow and silver tank and bodywork) or red (for the white tank and bodywork).

However, beauty is in the eye of the beholder... :D

·
grand poobah
689 Posts
+1 for the warhawk reminds me of the P52 mustang models I built as a kid. I would agree with the simple schemes otherwise. I have two 748's both red so sending you pics would be about useless. My personal favorite is the HM plant orange black and silvers. Different but not too wierd. Best of luck. Brad

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Paint

Thinking maybe a variation of tri colore hmmmmm like the warhawk idea though. I'll post pics when it's done....

·
Registered
716 Posts
i like the raw carbon look, i did 998 nose and panals with a white rear wheel. i kept the red front fender to break up the carbon alittle bit.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts