Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

I'm just trying to find some Ducati owners in Bakersfield Ca or around this area. I know they're out there... seen a couple of guys/gals on Duc's out there...

·
Registered
182 Posts
Hello!

I'm just trying to find some Ducati owners in Bakersfield Ca or around this area. I know they're out there... seen a couple of guys/gals on Duc's out there...
Hey Ernie, there are local area sections of this forum at the bottom of the page you will have better luck with this kind of thread there :)

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thats the thing... I don't consider this place northern or southern cali.. its right in the middle... right in the armpit of california...

·
Señor Member
8,227 Posts
Sorry to break it to you, it's southern. It may smell like an armpit but it's not. Middle is slightly north and east of Fresno.

"in God we trust"

·
Registered
210 Posts
Not that I ride a Duc yet...but please move a little further south, fercrissake

The smell in Bakersfield alone will eat through carbon fiber... :D

·
Registered
920 Posts
Hey, cool it guys! I just moved here to Bakersfield myself. This "smell" I haven't experienced. All I know is that the people here are good folks and I'm happy.

I was surprised to find all the great MC roads within just a few miles.:D I did a 300mi loop last Saturday that took me to the coast, great ride.

There is a Euro bike night every 2nd Monday at Frugatti's on Coffee and Truxton (appropriate) at 6:30. Been there only once (missed this month). People seemed great. Fred

·
Senior Italophile
865 Posts
Hey, cool it guys! I just moved here to Bakersfield myself. This "smell" I haven't experienced. All I know is that the people here are good folks and I'm happy.

I was surprised to find all the great MC roads within just a few miles.:D I did a 300mi loop last Saturday that took me to the coast, great ride.

There is a Euro bike night every 2nd Monday at Frugatti's on Coffee and Truxton (appropriate) at 6:30. Been there only once (missed this month). People seemed great. Fred

You are right in the middle of some amazing riding. an hour in any direction and there are sweet roads to explore! :) Highway 190 east of Springville is one of my Favorites Highway 33 going south to Ojai and back would be pretty epic too :)

·
Registered
920 Posts
You are right in the middle of some amazing riding. an hour in any direction and there are sweet roads to explore! :) Highway 190 east of Springville is one of my Favorites Highway 33 going south to Ojai and back would be pretty epic too :)
The Ojai ride is on the top of my list as well. Didn't know about Hwy 190. Thanks for the info. Fred

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've been living here for 2 years now (jobbie brought me here) and trust me you'll experience the smell sooner or later, just ride down buena vista or up by 7th standard and you'll smell what we're talking about... As for Ojai, thats a ride I've been wanting to do for a while now. Once I get my bike back up and running we should do it. Another good ride is the 58 out to the coast. No trucks are allowed, very few people use it, lots of long straights, lots of twisties... a riders dream! I wasn't aware of that Euro night. Lots of people go? I'm guessing theres lots of BMW's there?

·
Registered
920 Posts
I've been living here for 2 years now (jobbie brought me here) and trust me you'll experience the smell sooner or later, just ride down buena vista or up by 7th standard and you'll smell what we're talking about... As for Ojai, thats a ride I've been wanting to do for a while now. Once I get my bike back up and running we should do it. Another good ride is the 58 out to the coast. No trucks are allowed, very few people use it, lots of long straights, lots of twisties... a riders dream! I wasn't aware of that Euro night. Lots of people go? I'm guessing theres lots of BMW's there?
I did Hwy 58 to the coast last week, great ride.

Bike night had about 12 people last month. Ducatis, Triumphs, & BMW's.

·
Registered
698 Posts
I did Ojai via Frazier Park (Lockwook Valley Road) and man are those some roads! 250+ miles or so later I arrived home exhausted but very very happy.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm here in Bako, have been for about 8 years and didn't know about euro night until yesterday. Hopefully I'll see some of you guys there in July.

·
Premium Member
8,727 Posts
Thank god for the roads, anything to get the hell out of Bakersfield, the armpit of the central valley. Love the dust storms down there.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Why is this a humid heat?! I miss Arizona! No smell... good roads... only thing missing is a beach..

1 - 20 of 22 Posts