Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm researching light weight boots. Some of the ones I've tried on feel like concrete boots, way to heavy for me. I know finding a light weight boot might sacrifice a little safety, thats OK, I just can't stand riding around in Frankenstein boots. Any leads on light weight boots?

·
Registered
77 Posts
I just bought a pair of Puma Desmo V2 http://www.saltlakemotorsports.com/puma-v2-desmo-boot.html and I love them. I don't ride track, mostly street and wanted something with more "feel" to it. These are light, simple, and fit like socks. Unfortunatelly I've been told they have been discontinued so they may be hard to find in the right size.
Hope this helps

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
http://www.batesleathers.com/boots/ Handmade all leather, I love mine they are my everyday non-track boots.
I used to have a pair of the Bates Fast Lane boots, but they have absolutely no armor in the shin (or anywhere else, as I recall) and are pretty tall. They're more or less just an extension of your leathers and don't have any stiffness above the ankle (they don't stand up on their own and just kind of flop over). If you have thick calves, they may be hard to get on.

I've used these Daytona Road Stars for years and they are light, comfortable and have at least some armor in the shins and ankles.

http://www.helimot.com/shopexd.asp?id=76

But, I think I'm going to upgrade to some Dainese with the ankle & shin protection.

·
Premium Member
8,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I used to have a pair of the Bates Fast Lane boots, but they have absolutely no armor in the shin (or anywhere else, as I recall) and are pretty tall. They're more or less just an extension of your leathers and don't have any stiffness above the ankle (they don't stand up on their own and just kind of flop over). If you have thick calves, they may be hard to get on.

I've used these Daytona Road Stars for years and they are light, comfortable and have at least some armor in the shins and ankles.

http://www.helimot.com/shopexd.asp?id=76

But, I think I'm going to upgrade to some Dainese with the ankle & shin protection.
I was going to say I wish I could afford Daytonas, but I didn't realize they now have a lower end boot instead of the expensive one. Thanks for that lead and they are now on my short list to check out. I think Helimot is just about the only outlet for them and I'll have to plan a road trip to check sizing. Thats the main issue I neglected to mention. Because I have a skinny heel, I have a hellava time fitting any kind of shoe or boot, including ski boots, golf shoes, etc. The problem made me give up skiing years ago and the only golf shoe that fit were the cheap Green Joys. Same with motorcycle boots, the only one I could find that fit were the low end Alpinstars. Except for the boots with the inner liner that you can lace up. Unfortunately they were just too heavy to be practical.

I tried Pumas and Oxstars in the past and they didn't fit. I think I even tried Dianese and the same problem resulted. I'll try again since Motowheels isn't that far from me.

·
Registered
8,545 Posts
Although I love the comfort of my Sidi Vertebrae's, my new Daytona's are the most comfortable boots I've ever owned. I'd have no problem wearing them just walking around.

·
Premium Member
8,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Although I love the comfort of my Sidi Vertebrae's, my new Daytona's are the most comfortable boots I've ever owned. I'd have no problem wearing them just walking around.
Thats what I like to hear. If the lower cost Daytonas come close to that feeling, I'll buy a pair. A buddy of mine bought the higher end for racing and I was amazed how light they were and yet highly regarded for maximum protection too.

·
9,757 Posts
From personal experience the puma desmo and the dainese torque boot are both really light (especially compared to my Vortices).

I had problems with the pumas though so I got them replaced by the supplier and then just sold the new pair. My Dainese torque-ins however are excellent boots, and they broke in very nicely. Definitely recommended. They're also on the narrower side of fitment (I have wide feet, so that was a problem till they broke in).

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts