Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to the Ducati and motorcycle world and was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of books or websites that can provide good info on mechanics and technical information.

·
Registered
353 Posts
I am new to the Ducati and motorcycle world and was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of books or websites that can provide good info on mechanics and technical information.
You're on one of the best, if not "The Best" websites now. Take a look around, if you don't find what you need ask questions.

·
Super Moderator
5,270 Posts
Welcome!

C916duc is correct. This site is a huge repository of knowledge.

If you're looking for some "hands-on" material, Desmotimes offers some great workshop manuals. Desmo Times LLC - The Home of DIY Ducati Maintenance Parts and Accessories Also consider getting the Ducati workshop manual for your bike...these tend to be an invaluable resource. You should also be able to download the parts catalog that's specific for your Ducati...again another great tool!

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Welcome!

C916duc is correct. This site is a huge repository of knowledge.

If you're looking for some "hands-on" material, Desmotimes offers some great workshop manuals. Desmo Times LLC - The Home of DIY Ducati Maintenance Parts and Accessories Also consider getting the Ducati workshop manual for your bike...these tend to be an invaluable resource. You should also be able to download the parts catalog that's specific for your Ducati...again another great tool!
Beat me to it.. DesmoTimes has THE bible for service. Take a look also @ CA Cycleworks. Great parts resource and helpful service videos online, too.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
The Hall of Wisdom of Ducati.ms will keep you busy for a while.

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
Haynes Manual
Shop Manual
Parts Fiche
Here
Shazaam's/Chris Kelley's articles (here and on the now defunct Ducati Up North site)
And any books written by Ian Falloon for some history

·
Premium Member
2,072 Posts
Haynes Manual
Shop Manual
Parts Fiche
Here
Shazaam's/Chris Kelley's articles (here and on the now defunct Ducati Up North site)
And any books written by Ian Falloon for some history
Don't think that Haynes has a manual for the 848 or any testastretta, which is what the OP has. Otherwise, LT's 4-valve manuals are excellent and the Hall of Wisdom (all bow) is a fabulous resource. It would seem that there are two opinions on Shazaam's writings - some take his articles as divine revelation, while others take his word as generally good advice - I'm of the latter category. The shop manual is good as far as it goes, but there is much more to be said about almost everything inside the Ducs, and sometimes there are little traps lurking that require some information, usually available.

Having said that, I have been very happy to work on my bikes mostly myself, leaving only more complex matters to one or two expert mechanics. If you find a good shop as back-up, keep them happy. You'll probably need their help once or twice at some point.

Ron

1 - 7 of 7 Posts