Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

I know this is a total long shot but I am looking for my Dad's old Bike. It is a 2007 Ducati Monster S2R with the VIN number ZDM1RAAN67B101332.
It is red with white stripes. It would of been purchased around 2014 from a dealer in Texas. The only information I could find about it is that it was last registered in Ohio.
I would love to buy this bike back as my dad has recently passed away and it has a lot of memories attached to it with him and I. If this is not allowed please let me know.

Thanks so much for any help!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
142 Posts
Sorry for your loss, I really hope you find the bike and they're willing to sell it back to ya. Maybe someone would be willing to do some sort of joint custody type situation?

·
Registered
7,104 Posts
Some states have a title search since you have the vin. For a few bucks Ohio might tell you the current owner.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just wanted to let everyone know I am still searching for the bike.

I search on Cycle Trader, Ebay, Craigslist, and Facebook Marketplace daily. I called the Ohio DMV and they can not tell me the information of the owner. I called the Dealer in Ohio who sold the bike but they wern't able to help (State 8 Motorcycles). They tried calling the owner but I do not believe they ever got him.

If anyone has any leads at all please let me know. I would be eternally grateful!!!

·
Registered
179 Posts
I can only speak for WA, but when I looked up the title on my bike, I got the listed owners names.
What happens if you look up a title in Ohio on a used bike to check to see if the title is clear?

The bike looks super stock.
I get attachment to the actual one, but.. It's a red 07 S2R stock.. There's a lot of those about if it came to it..Also..
Trying to think up other methods.. You could even swap it for another with lower miles if the owner really didn't want to part with it. After finding them that is.
As fairly common as they are, there's no way a bright red Ducati couldn't be tracked down if you wanted to find it badly enough.

Rob.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I can only speak for WA, but when I looked up the title on my bike, I got the listed owners names.
What happens if you look up a title in Ohio on a used bike to check to see if the title is clear?

The bike looks super stock.
I get attachment to the actual one, but.. It's a red 07 S2R stock.. There's a lot of those about if it came to it..Also..
Trying to think up other methods.. You could even swap it for another with lower miles if the owner really didn't want to part with it. After finding them that is.
As fairly common as they are, there's no way a bright red Ducati couldn't be tracked down if you wanted to find it badly enough.

Rob.
Hey Rob,

I called the DMV and they told me the only way I could get more information would be to hire a private investigator. I guess they have more access to some report that would get the persons information. I haven't gone that far yet but I've considered it. I really thought I had it the other day, there was one in Cincinatti but not the right VIN :(

Bump. Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Hey Rob,

I called the DMV and they told me the only way I could get more information would be to hire a private investigator. I guess they have more access to some report that would get the persons information. I haven't gone that far yet but I've considered it. I really thought I had it the other day, there was one in Cincinatti but not the right VIN :(

Bump. Thanks everyone.
Hey, send me a PM. I am a licensed PI and will try and see what I can do for ya

1 - 15 of 15 Posts