Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, i need to get me some kind of stand setup where I can work on my 2 bikes, 02 748 and an 07 SC1000s.

My 748 came with a pitbull, which is fine for the rear of that bike. But the problem is there is no way I have space to store 4 front and rear stands in my flat.

I've seen a few paddock stands, that kinda mount to the bike, but they are expensive. However since I only ride one bike at a time, I have no problem with that type of stand kinda, "always" holding up the non ridden bike.

But maybe I'm missing something from harbor freight, or maybe 2 jack stands and a piece of metal rod can work.

·
Registered
417 Posts
I've seen a few paddock stands, that kinda mount to the bike, but they are expensive. However since I only ride one bike at a time, I have no problem with that type of stand kinda, "always" holding up the non ridden bike.
I have an Abba stand, with adapters for my 916 and ST3R, plus the additional legs that let me get both front and rear wheels off the ground. I got mine cheap when I was back in the UK last year, but I'm contemplating springing for a second one at $230 shipped: https://abbastandsusa.com/product-detail.asp?item=superbike-stand&pid=1

Reactions: HiFlite

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey man that's great, and looks like it's super easy to store flat under a bed more or less. Price isn't THAT bad, compared to buying 4 quality stands. And in the video I watched honestly it looks like you could strap the rear wheel back to the stand itself to get the front off the ground enough to do some stuff, have you tried that.

Thanks a bunch it's exactly what I was looking, hoping, existed!!!!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hey man that's great, and looks like it's super easy to store flat under a bed more or less. Price isn't THAT bad, compared to buying 4 quality stands. And in the video I watched honestly it looks like you could strap the rear wheel back to the stand itself to get the front off the ground enough to do some stuff, have you tried that.

Thanks a bunch it's exactly what I was looking, hoping, existed!!!!
Let us know how it works out, post pics!

·
Registered
417 Posts
Attached is a photo of my 916 on the stand. I prefer this over either spool or SSSA stands as the rear suspension is completely unloaded. I would not try to get the front off the ground without the Abba extension components. I need someone else to to help get the front end of the 916 off the ground but I can do my Street Triple on my own by hanging over the rear of the bike and pulling the strap. Once it's strapped, it's not moving.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts