Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is not easy...haha, hey guys I'm looking at getting an early 70's 250/350/450 desmo project but I'm having a hell of a time finding any. I can't even find one in ANY condition around here (CT). Anyone got any advice on where to look for one? I've always had a soft spot for these bike and I would basically just want it as a weekender when done, no racing or anything. Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
47 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Early 60's instead of 70's and a springer instead of a desmo but:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280407921321&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK:MEWAX:IT

For a weekend rider you will never notice a difference.
yep...missed the auction by 6 minutes :mad:

Same, it's decent price and complete, but kind of far from you:

http://grandrapids.craigslist.org/mcy/1383566001.html

I just a Benelli,,, shipping from MI to TN was $250,,
never had luck personally with shipping bikes, I know I'm looking for a project but I like seeing what I get in person before buying. I really appreciate the effort though guys, anyone else?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Ducati 250 or 450

I have a few project bikes left...sorry no desmos at this time.Ducati 450M3..non desmo and a few 250 narrow case monzas(probably scr head)...Motors are srtill together ...but the chassis are down to the bare frames..probably 1500.00 or so on a 250 and about 2500.00 on the 450.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That would kick serious ass...but looking at more of a project haha, oh and I'm in the states...:) (not to sound like a dick either)

I have a few project bikes left...sorry no desmos at this time.Ducati 450M3..non desmo and a few 250 narrow case monzas(probably scr head)...Motors are srtill together ...but the chassis are down to the bare frames..probably 1500.00 or so on a 250 and about 2500.00 on the 450.
I know people are gonna ream me out for this but, If I'm going to buy one I really would prefer a desmo I can't explain why except for it's part of my dream. Thank you for the reply bill I appreciate the effort and If you had a desmo I would already have my trip to ohio planned haha. I know they're rare but that's half the thrill right? haha

·
Registered
862 Posts
Not too hard to have it shipped over we get bikes from the states all the time nothing wrong with one going back.

·
Registered
55 Posts
milwaukee on was on e-bay for a minute and sold, just last night, I'm sure you'll be able to see it again on e-bay but in pieces compliment's of one or two guys that just buy these to part out a make money....
Sad but true...when you see desmo heads on Fleabay for 2 grand

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
so I have a few friends on the look out for me also now, The more I look at these bike the more i'm noticing that they're mostly all already restored so now may come the time for some comprimises...any other springers out there? haha. monza's etc...I have noticed that my friends (who are all gearheads also) are expressing an interest in helping me find and restore a bike. Infact some, I'd say, are getting more excited than me haha.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I got mine this spring. Dad found it for us to build a Road race bike for AHRMA.
Lucky, it was an old riding bud of his.
And yah, when we saw a non-running 450 motor go for $2500 on ebay, it was hard to stick to our plan, but we are still looking for race parts.

Dont give up. You will find one.

And as it sits now.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Ducpr,
one hell of a pretty bike!

Knock-out beauty!

Capt Fuego.

·
Registered
14 Posts
stimacsays are you sure you want to turn that bike into a road racer ???
If your positive I'd be really interested in having that head light in the box to correct mine and please don't mod that exhaust system.

I got mine this spring. Dad found it for us to build a Road race bike for AHRMA.
Lucky, it was an old riding bud of his.
And yah, when we saw a non-running 450 motor go for $2500 on ebay, it was hard to stick to our plan, but we are still looking for race parts.

Dont give up. You will find one.

And as it sits now.

·
Registered
16 Posts
K1W1, are you a displaced kiwi like me?
Sorry for the thread hijack :)
There are a couple of Bevel singles on craigslist at the moment. I use crazedlist (not a typo) with Firefox to search multiple areas of Craigslist at once. Download it and try it if you like. It uses the craigslist search engine to search more than one area at a time, something you cannot do with craigslist. I search keywords of ducati single project.
I'm still on the lookout for a widecase Scrambler project if anyone has one lying around and they don't want it anymore.
Good luck with finding the bike you want! I've only been looking for 5 or so years so far, so plenty of time yet :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts