Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently ride a Monster and have been wanting a SBK for sometime now. I finally have some cash saved up and I'm on the prowl. Would like a 749 or 999, or even a 998! (Mainly Testastretta). Doesn't have to be an "S" or "R" model, just a base model will work.

But what should i expect too pay for one. I found some good deals but they are so far away... then i found some that make you think the engine cases were cast from gold:rolleyes:

Any info would me much obliged.

·
Premium Member
5,405 Posts
I currently ride a Monster and have been wanting a SBK for sometime now. I finally have some cash saved up and I'm on the prowl. Would like a 749 or 999, or even a 998! (Mainly Testastretta). Doesn't have to be an "S" or "R" model, just a base model will work.

But what should i expect too pay for one. I found some good deals but they are so far away... then i found some that make you think the engine cases were cast from gold:rolleyes:

Any info would me much obliged.
Have you checked the classifieds on this site? Prices should be fairly representative of what you can expect to pay for a machine in close to pristine condition with service history.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
I would not fit your budget around the bike you want. I would buy a bike on the budget I have.
749/999 prices are all over the board. Because of mileage, age, and "controversial" design. You can find 999 for as little as $6k and as much as $10K (mileage and local demand)

·
Registered
237 Posts
What is your budget? I picked mine up a year ago roughly... for what I think is a good price.

2003 749s
7k miles
Completely stock

$5300

With $400 Shoei helmet, 3 extra lenses
Two tank bags
Immaculate, service records, one owner.
Gallon of synthetic oil
Chain lube
Chain brushes
Bike cover
Battery tender

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info guys!

My budget is no more then $5500
MaDdog sounds like you fell right into what I am looking for.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Have you checked the classifieds on this site? Prices should be fairly representative of what you can expect to pay for a machine in close to pristine condition with service history.
Yea I have been going through them some, I am working with a guy who is pretty close to my in Daytona. Haven't herd back from him yet.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Good luck. There should be plenty out there. Once I get mine back next week we should get a few of us in the CFL area together for a ride.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Good luck. There should be plenty out there. Once I get mine back next week we should get a few of us in the CFL area together for a ride.
Lets do it! Hopefully it won't fall through like it did last time i tried to start a group ride lol.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Lol, not my fault man. I dropped my bike off that week. Been without it ever since. Been about 3 months now. I keep adding stuff to the list while it's there... My funds have dried up soooooo I guess I will be getting her back soon :-]

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
I would give seb (mellilimoto) a call and plant the bugtnat you are looking for xxx and see what comes up. He knew i had been looking for a fila, and one day he calls me with an old customer that had stopped by to say hi. He had one and hadnt really thought much about the bike. Its now in my garage :D

·
Registered
237 Posts
I would give seb (mellilimoto) a call and plant the bugtnat you are looking for xxx and see what comes up. He knew i had been looking for a fila, and one day he calls me with an old customer that had stopped by to say hi. He had one and hadnt really thought much about the bike. Its now in my garage :D
Completely agree. I sent him an email to see if he knows anybody that has one for ya.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Ask Chris boy at Moto corse in lauderdale. He is always getting bikes in

Sent from my iPad using MO Free

·
Registered
89 Posts
Btw I paid 3750 for my 998. Needed some work, but she's up and running for $1000. $900 was for 12000 mile service

·
Premium Member
166 Posts
THIS!

If you're in Orlando do yourself a favor and call Sebastian at Melillimoto. He is THE guy to take your bike to for service if you're in the Southeast. You will not regret giving him a call. He will tell you the truth about any bike you ask hom about.

Melillimoto Ducati Motorcycles: Bikes, Service, Parts, Equipment, Accessories

·
Registered
89 Posts
Agreed mellimoto is great

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Lol, not my fault man. I dropped my bike off that week. Been without it ever since. Been about 3 months now. I keep adding stuff to the list while it's there... My funds have dried up soooooo I guess I will be getting her back soon :-]
Lol it's all cool. Definitely let me know when your ready, I'll have to get the monster fixed ( it doesn't like to hold fuel in the tank very well)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
By the looks of it, I guess I will be giving Sebastian a call. I've met him a few times before, Seems like a cool guy on top of from what everyone says about him.

·
Registered
99 Posts
By the looks of it, I guess I will be giving Sebastian a call. I've met him a few times before, Seems like a cool guy on top of from what everyone says about him.
Seb is great - I wouldn't buy a new bike anywhere else. His customers are super loyal which says a lot. He's not the least expensive, but I'll pay extra for the customer service and knowledge he has.

THe best thing about Melillimoto is the pickup/delivery service for maintenance and repairs to Orlando. Makes it so much easier than hauling out there.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts