Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would anyone in the Boston area have a 2 bike trailer that I could borrow (or rent) for a track day? I need to carry an ST and a VFR. I'd need to pick the trailer up on 8/22 or 8/23, and I could return it on 8/25.

Thanks,

·
Registered
345 Posts
Try UHaul. That's how I got around before I became a high roller and bought a folding harbor freight trailer for ~$200. The price is low and they may help wire your lights (if you're lucky). Just be sure to get one with a long ramp. Also, a wheel chock is good for piece of mind.
C

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was thinking about getting the Baxley Sport Chock, and using that in combo with a uhaul trailer. I need to find out what types of trailers are local to me. The "motorcycle" trailer they offer was impossible to find near me.

Does uhaul offer a wheel chock option at all, or were you referring to the sport chock I mentioned above?

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Just a word of caution, at least for CT u-haul. They require tow vehicle pre-approval. I wanted to rent a small enclosed trailer for a track day. Found one, but when I went to pick it up they said my 6cyl jeep with a class 3 hitch with extra frame tie-in was not on the "certified" list of two vehicles, nor was my wifes volvo xc90 also with a class 3 hitch. I have towed large boats no problem but apparently not good enough for a silly little u-haul trailer.

I ended up renting a cargo van....pic here....would be a tight fit trying to get two bikes in I think. Cost btw was about $100 to rent.

Attachments

·
Registered
345 Posts
Uhaul does not have chocks. Baxley is exactly what I had in mind. Strapping it in securely without a chock is do-able but risky.

I towed using a volvo sedan with a uhaul-purchased hitch bar installed. They made no fuss about vehicle type. Perhaps they're a little more... lenient in the south Bronx.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts