Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive fuel system Automotive exterior

Tire Land vehicle Wheel Vehicle Motor vehicle

Automotive tire Light Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior

I am replacing my rectifier with an aftermarket one and looking for a plug cap for this connector. I am bypassing the battery connection in the harness and going directly to the battery. I have looked everywhere I can think of to no availability. Anybody know where I can purchase one? I think it is called a molex connector? Looking to cap it off to prevent it from being filled with junk and debris. I have put electrical tape on it for the short term. Thanks

·
Registered
1999 996 Biposto, 2002 Monster 620 Dark
727 Posts
Molex is just a catch all that people use, but its actually a brand not a type. When I get around to doing something with mine I plan on using DTP connectors, they are weather proof and capable of carrying a lot more current. The OE connectors are terribly unsuited for the application.

Or use the method belter uses to rewire them. There is a write up here somewhere on what he does.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies. I am wiring the bike like this diagram.
Circuit component Slope Rectangle Passive circuit component Font

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here are the new connectors that I am using with the upgraded SH847 rectifier regulator mod. Much more robust watertight connectors compared to Oem connectors that Ducati supplied on the 2010 Hypermotard.
Automotive fuel system Motor vehicle Automotive tire Hood Vehicle
Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive design

Reactions: loony888

·
Just Visiting Your Planet
11,484 Posts
Check this place.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks Kevgentile. That’s where I bought the kit. Jack is a great guy, unfortunately he didn’t stock the plug caps due to he replaces the stock connectors.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts