Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am working on the design for a '06 SportClassic Sport 1000...I was looking to add a more retro, flip up type gas cap (some reference attached)...has anyone seen or done this to their SportClassic stock tank?

Thanks in advance!
Tim

Attachments

·
Mexican Ducatista
1,216 Posts
I am working on the design for a '06 SportClassic Sport 1000...I was looking to add a more retro, flip up type gas cap (some reference attached)...has anyone seen or done this to their SportClassic stock tank?

Thanks in advance!
Tim
Those tanks look good. But I would not mess with my OEM tank to place a similar gas gap though.

An alternative would be to make your own custom tank. I believe that most of those tanks are custom made with aluminum or fiberglass. You would be saving your OEM tank from damage by doing so.

·
Registered
2008 Ducati Sport1000, GT1000
170 Posts
I think it is possible to make a gas cap that will attache to the OEM tank. The cap is attached via swivel. if you leave the base alone and fabricate a new cap you can do that without any damage to the tank. And the mod will be reversible.

·
Premium Member
1,176 Posts
ETI?

Didn't ETI Fuelcel offer a Monza cap option? Or am I thinking of another company?

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Didn't ETI Fuelcel offer a Monza cap option? Or am I thinking of another company?
Yes they did offer it as an option when I bought mine I went with the locking
cap instead the anston cap stuck up pretty high and did not look right on the
tank to me. It is no longer an option and a search found no pictures of it.
But it was an option at one time now they offer a drybreak as the only other
cap for our tanks.

It's mentioned in this thread.
https://www.ducati.ms/forums/77-sport-classic/84919-eti-fuelcel-tank-now-realilty-4.html

1 - 6 of 6 Posts