Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
In the early 80's (?) Ducati developed a unique four bar front suspension system but it was shelved for reasons not known to me.

If you have a picture of this special suspension would you contact me or post it here ?

Thanks in advance !

b450

·
Home of vortex tuning
1,648 Posts
I remember Bimota with a fubar front end, maybe Ducati powered? Do cycle magazines have a photo archive?

·
Registered
1,020 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Do you mean a RIBI front suspension. Itailian 1983. Suzuki and Can-Am used them on dirtbikes. Some mountain bikes have them now. And the BMW front end is a derivative of it.

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Do you mean a RIBI front suspension. Itailian 1983. Suzuki and Can-Am used them on dirtbikes. Some mountain bikes have them now. And the BMW front end is a derivative of it.
To the best of my knowledge, no. But funny that you should mention Ribi, as one of our engineers is a push bike junky and is completing a four seat trail bike ( he, his wife, and two daughters 6 and 5...all with individual cranks !) and he developed a four bar link which got me to thinking about Ducatis experience with the design.

·
Registered
953 Posts
To the best of my knowledge, no. But funny that you should mention Ribi, as one of our engineers is a push bike junky and is completing a four seat trail bike ( he, his wife, and two daughters 6 and 5...all with individual cranks !) and he developed a four bar link which got me to thinking about Ducatis experience with the design.
I'm interested in what you find...

·
Registered
688 Posts
**** Walker, in his Two-Valve Twins Ducati book, provided one picture of an experimental front end like you're describing.

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks 860GT ! I'll get over to Amazon this morning.

b.

**** Walker, in his Two-Valve Twins Ducati book, provided one picture of an experimental front end like you're describing.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts