Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having trouble finding a rear rack for a 2001 S4. Just looking for a rack to bungee a dry bag to. Would prefer something that is easily removed. Have tried SW Mototech but they don't seem to have anything model specific. Any ideas?

·
Registered
8,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not seeing one for an '01 S4. My bike also has high pipes. Don't know if/how that would affect mounting.

·
Registered
349 Posts
https://www.ventura-bike.com/product/ducati/Monster-S4

But the standard S4 doesn't have high pipes?

Here's the page for the S4R, which has higher pipes...
https://www.ventura-bike.com/product/ducati/Monster-S4R

The kits have different L-Brackets, though - the S4R ones definitely looks different to clear the high pipes. It looks like they attach to the things that appear to be passenger grab-handles or luggage tie-down points? Might be worth an email off to Ventura, to see if the S4R kit will also fit the S4.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Ventura racks not very strong, things come undone, require frequent checks, and the way the top plugs into the bottom, traps water, promotes rust.

·
Registered
45 Posts
If your criteria is something to bungee a bag to and easy to remove then building one may be for you. I really do not care at all how something looks, so this suits me fine. Took me about an hour to fab this up. Yes I know it is fugly, so don't bust my chops :) Total cost was $5 for a back rest from some Yamaha cruiser or something like that which I found on a local for sale site. The clamps are hydraulic line clamps. I drilled the side out which clamps to my bike frame to enlarge. I built this so that my daughter would not fall off of the back but ended up leaving it on a lot for reasons like you mention ..... attaching a bag or some groceries to my bike. Takes less than 30 seconds to remove. If it worked out for you, you are able to adjust position easily as well. Just a thought ....

3.jpg 1.jpg IMG_1776.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg

1 - 6 of 6 Posts