Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can this front brake master cyclinder be rebuilt? I can't seem to find a rebuilt kit and a new one from Ducati lists for $495 and the best price I can find is $350 on a new one. There doesn't seem to be to many used ones out there and a used one is $150.

·
Premium Member
2,373 Posts
The stock ones seem to be garbage, best to spend the $350 for upgraded brembo radial.
The stock ones actually work well, but if you want to go to the track, upgrading is a good idea.

·
Premium Member
2,373 Posts
They suffer from some serious fade issues. If I am pushing hard the difference from the beginning of a race to the end is shocking. Nevermind if it is a really fast track.
If you are going to the track, then upgrading is a good thing. For the street, I never saw a problem with them.

·
Registered
39 Posts
renodezrat - go get a used 2nd generation brake master cyclinder setup from a R1. My 749 blew the master so my race mechanic put the R1 on there. IMHO, it's feels just as good as an aftermarket Brembo 20 x 19 setup. Virtually NO FADE and it fit's perfectly. PM me if you need more info.

·
Registered
857 Posts
They suffer from some serious fade issues. If I am pushing hard the difference from the beginning of a race to the end is shocking. Nevermind if it is a really fast track.
Interesting, the last two track-days I noticed my brakes being spongy at the end of the day, and Rub flushed the fluids for me just before each of those track-days.. I was under the impression that there is moisture in the line, now I am thinking it could be the cylinder :confused:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts