Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
been looking for awhile, for the 748s senna color flat black with the white nose and tail plates.anyone have any leads thanks

·
A 748 Fanatic
3,155 Posts
Good Luck

748's are sweet, most people don't know what there missing.

My R1 sits many days while I'm riding a 748

Good luck on your hunt.

If you ever run into Joe Hindall at the end of the runway at Vience airport, stop and say hi from George in Delaware.

He restores old airplanes and used to be employed by me.

Maybe you can make it Fontana Gathering in NC the week after next.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I have one and have been thinking about selling it. It's a long way from where your at (I'm in northern MT) I am currently putting it back together as the original motor had the alternator nut come off and send copper wiring thru the motor :( Apparently it was a fairly common problem. It is an 02. Let me know if you would like more info!

·
Registered
117 Posts
been looking for awhile, for the 748s senna color flat black with the white nose and tail plates.anyone have any leads thanks
:think:

they made them in a flat grey color, in fact the name of it is Titanium Grey. not senna.. Ducati never made a senna 748.

the stock livery has a white tail with reflective red piping dividing the white and grey, looks really sharp.

good luck on your hunt, i love mine.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:think:

they made them in a flat grey color, in fact the name of it is Titanium Grey. not senna.. Ducati never made a senna 748.

the stock livery has a white tail with reflective red piping dividing the white and grey, looks really sharp.

good luck on your hunt, i love mine.
hey ducatimilo, yea i know that they never made a senna 748 and its actually a flat gray . but it is often known as the senna colored 748s ,i just always called them flat black . so how easy does the paint chip up ??? im wanting one like what you have with the white number plates and red piping along them, post a pic when you get a chance , i would love to see it. currently i have sold all my ducs and am missing having one, im currently running a 2005 aprilia factory racing tuono rsvr all carbon fiber from the factory , love the bike and will never part with it, so i will add another duc some day. hopefully soon. thanks for the info !!!

·
Premium Member
4,829 Posts
HA! I just picked up '05 Factory R Tuono with all factory CF, Forged Marchecinis and Ohlins, what a bike! I'm taking it to ECM next week.

Can't seem find a reasonably priced exhaust and the stock one is an eye sore, in fact I can barely find any parts for it and that so far is the only real draw back.

As for "Senna colored" 748 it's actually a 748L, a Neiman Marcus edition, I got one and my kid really loves it.

·
Premium Member
4,829 Posts
Actually NM bike was a '98, came in lighter silver and had grey or gold wheels, nothing special, just a paint job and a number plaque.

The flat dark grey was an "S" model, had red 5 spoke wheels and it was an '02 so there were no vents on the bodywork, so the model I have isn't really "correct"

·
Registered
117 Posts
pics

Hey Superbike,

here are some pics for you.

to answer your questions, the flat paint is easy to care for with Plexol and does not seem to chip much at all. It looks excellent on my bike and I'd wager that it is as durable as any other duc paint.

here are some pics of my Mint 2002 748s Titanium Grey

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ducatimilo, that is so sweet !!! those pics just makes it so i want one more !!! good to know about the paint , as i am very anal about my bikes .looks like i just missed one on line last month, super nice and at a bargain !!, i had received an email from another member here with a craigslist ad. so im looking into that one.i have a mini cooper s that we never drive so im debating on selling that and besides buying a 748s, throwing some cash in the pocket, still have a chevy colorado so thats good for hauling the bikes

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
HA! I just picked up '05 Factory R Tuono with all factory CF, Forged Marchecinis and Ohlins, what a bike! I'm taking it to ECM next week.

Can't seem find a reasonably priced exhaust and the stock one is an eye sore, in fact I can barely find any parts for it and that so far is the only real draw back.

As for "Senna colored" 748 it's actually a 748L, a Neiman Marcus edition, I got one and my kid really loves it.

yes you will love the factory tuono !!! it is probably the best bike ive ever owned as far as comfort and reliability and maintanance. very comfortable for hours of riding. just a blast, ill post up a pic later so you can see mine. thats one bike ill never part with ...ever !!! enjoy it ,try not to grin so much when riding it !!!

·
Premium Member
4,829 Posts
yes you will love the factory tuono !!! it is probably the best bike ive ever owned as far as comfort and reliability and maintanance. very comfortable for hours of riding. just a blast, ill post up a pic later so you can see mine. thats one bike ill never part with ...ever !!! enjoy it ,try not to grin so much when riding it !!!
I was watching one on fleaBay a while ago with 75,000 miles on it, IIRC it sold for $3500, was amazed that it still ran. One big issue with mine is the ever expanding fuel tank, had to use a pry-bar to put it back on, not looking forward to pulling it off again to do the valves.

here's a pick from my shakedown run testing luggage for the ECM trip

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I was watching one on fleaBay a while ago with 75,000 miles on it, IIRC it sold for $3500, was amazed that it still ran. One big issue with mine is the ever expanding fuel tank, had to use a pry-bar to put it back on, not looking forward to pulling it off again to do the valves.

here's a pick from my shakedown run testing luggage for the ECM trip

looks great, i sold my blue oz and changed them out with gold oz . as far as the tank put the pins in it and that becomes easy to put back on.how many miles on yours??? ill post a pic of mine this week

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
me too !!!

·
Registered
426 Posts
I wish you the best of luck with your hunt!

I LOVE mine & plan on keeping it forever!

^ After service @ DucPond. DucatiMilo, great pics, I have to get some good shots of mine soon!

·
Registered
117 Posts
I wish you the best of luck with your hunt!

I LOVE mine & plan on keeping it forever!

^ After service @ DucPond. DucatiMilo, great pics, I have to get some good shots of mine soon!
Nice!! i see we have the same exhaust. Love the sound of the Remus Titanium.

is your bike clear coated? the paint looks like maybe it is

·
Registered
28 Posts
Looks like the one on CL must have sold? I miss mine everyday, never should've sold it.

OP, any luck finding one?

·
Registered
98 Posts
I bought the one in Orange off C-list.
It's pretty cherry couple of nicks here or there but all in all pretty damn nice for a 10 year old bike with 4000 miles.
And as an added bonus it has a full Termi system! I didn't realize that until I got there! :D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.