Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where I can get my hands on a some 47 and 41mm valves for a 1000DS engine so I can start the big bore process?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hi,

you might want to give Vee Two a try. Ducati Kaemna offer the bigger valves for sure (they're located in Germany).

Don't forget to post the power-torque figures before and after the rebuild once you are done!

Johno

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
bedankt, zal ik wel doen.

Not sure if VeeTwo still do big bore valves couldn't see any, just ordered them from Germany

Waiting on some spare heads so I can build them up without having to take the bike of the track:)

Heads are USA, probably easiest to get it all sent to Australia and get it all assembled here otherwise I have to to send the cams, collets and valves to the USA, and who would I use there?

·
Registered
680 Posts
We stock the valves (and valve guides, recommended) as we do a lot of DS head work, we build the Paul Smart 1000's that won the AMA Endurance Championship the last three years. We are also the Pistal Distributor and stock 1080 and 1122 big bore kits. Could send your heads ready to bolt on and give you some good cam timing numbers. Be sure to get the right heads, about 2006 they made a change so the cams differ 2mm in length, you can mix and match if needed but have to change the cam caps to match the cam.

·
Registered
98 Posts
"Be sure to get the right heads, about 2006 they made a change so the cams differ 2mm in length, you can mix and match if needed but have to change the cam caps to match the cam. "

So you mean that you can use the newer cam (2006 -) in an old head (- 2005) just by using the cam caps from (2006 -) ?

Is also the other way around ?
You can use the older cam (- 2005) in an new head (2006-) just by using the cam caps from (- 2005)?

/Henrik

1 - 5 of 5 Posts