Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I used to own a 996 which I sold last summer. It was a 99. Can't find any 996 or 998 locally and the 916 that is locally has some mods and has been dumped so im passing on it. Theres a 748S 2001 all stock original owner no race or abuse with 8k. What would be the big difference in power etc from my old 996?

·
Old Wizard
3,006 Posts
Basically, 25% less displacement gives you 25% less horsepower which peaks at 11,000 rpm, instead of 8,500 rpm for the 996. So part of the fun is wringing its neck to stay on the torque curve.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks im thinking of pulling the trigger on this one. its all factory original stock with all maintaince older gentleman owned it and he says hasn't been abused or even raced or anything. 8k miles yellow and mono. what should i pay for it? it's 2 hours away so going to just check it out is a big trip.

·
Mayor of Simpleton
4,875 Posts
$4k+/-, depending on condition.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
$4k+/-, depending on condition.
i offered him 4500. also theres a 98 red 916 that has been only dropped on the right with light scratched with 4k asking 5700 locally. im thinking of checking that out. it has some mods along with a slipper clutch.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts