Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I am looking at a really low mile 1100 Evo SP and wonder what I should look for or if there is a better year Hypermotard. I have a couple of SportClassic's but I am new to this bike. I am a bit taller, so this Corsa model also is a bonus.. What would be a fair price for a 1000 mile bike in perfect condition, bone stock.
thanks for any input

·
Registered
447 Posts
I've had the s, evo and evo sp....is the best...

Pricewise if you're gonna keep it totally stock then pay what you need to but if youre going to mod then maybe find another as you'll spend a fortune on spares...but then it depends what you're going to do with it...

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
913 Posts
Hi
I am looking at a really low mile 1100 Evo SP and wonder what I should look for or if there is a better year Hypermotard. I have a couple of SportClassic's but I am new to this bike. I am a bit taller, so this Corsa model also is a bonus.. What would be a fair price for a 1000 mile bike in perfect condition, bone stock.
thanks for any input
I am doing the opposite of you I just purchased 06 Sport 1000 and am in the
process of having it shipped. Price on the Hypers seems to depend on location
they sell for less on the east coast then on the west coast. The only issues I
have ever heard of with the model your looking at is that a small number have
had Main Bearing issues it only applies to the EVO motors. Again it is a small number
and if I didn't belong to this Forum I never would have known about it at all. If you
get one the only thing the bikes you own and the Hyper share are a 2Valve Ducati
Motor in every other way they are completely opposite.

·
Sophomore Member
2,572 Posts
The 2012 is the best. All of the air cooled hypers are solid. The engine is solid. The suspension is solid. The brakes are maniacal.

The only major problem commonly seen on these is the expanding gas tank. On a low mileage, I would definitely be looking for signs of warped gas tank. Check out the body panels- particularly how the top center piece mates to the side panels. If you are unaware, the problem stems from ethanol breaking down and causing the tanks to absorb water. As long as you keep turning over the fuel, the ethanol doesn't have a chance to break down and give you problems (hence why I would worry about a 1000 miler).

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the input.
I am familiar with the tank swelling,I had both of my tanks replaced then coated on my Sport Classics.
The bike is out of town from where I am, so I am making the trip this week to go see it and will take a good look.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I bought it! :smile2: Ultra clean and still under warranty through next year. Just over 500 miles on it and from what I can tell on the vin check, it has only had one warranty/service done was a fuel hose update.

So,
I am going to want to do a few mods ( grips, pegs, mirrors, rear fender delete, etc) .. any suggestions? Keep in mind I want to keep it in warranty.
Thanks

·
Sophomore Member
2,572 Posts
In warranty? It came with an extended warranty? Mods won't void your warranty. If a failure is found to be directly resulting from something you have done, then they can refuse to pay for the repair, but nothing voids warranties.

The MWR air box mod is a good one to let it breath. You will be surprised by how restricted the intake is. The mod will increase the noise you hear. I like to hear it suck down air when getting on it.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I bought a 2012 1100 EVO SP 2 years ago with a little over 700 miles on it. Absolutely the best bike I've ever owned!
No real mods yet other than fresh tires and MotoGadget blinkers (I dumped it on ice and the stock ones are $600.00 + each)

Enjoy your bike!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
In warranty? It came with an extended warranty? Mods won't void your warranty. If a failure is found to be directly resulting from something you have done, then they can refuse to pay for the repair, but nothing voids warranties.

The MWR air box mod is a good one to let it breath. You will be surprised by how restricted the intake is. The mod will increase the noise you hear. I like to hear it suck down air when getting on it.

As crazy as it sounds, this bike was bought new last year and is under warranty through Feb 2018. Had a dealer do a full vin check. I had a similar purchase on one of my SportClassic's when I bought a 2006 in 13' with 1000 miles on it ( sold new in 2010). Looking forward to getting out on my Hypermotard

·
Registered
913 Posts
As crazy as it sounds, this bike was bought new last year and is under warranty through Feb 2018. Had a dealer do a full vin check. I had a similar purchase on one of my SportClassic's when I bought a 2006 in 13' with 1000 miles on it ( sold new in 2010). Looking forward to getting out on my Hypermotard
There is a dealer that still has 3 new 08 Hypers and a new 999s so all will have
the factory warranty when sold they are out there if you look hard enough.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts