Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My ST (04 MY ST4S ABS, Senna) has its 24,000 mile service coming up in a couple of months. Like other recent posters, I want mine to last forever and I want to start saving for parts.

Here is a list of what I've done so far: clutch in good working order, I replaced the clutch slave with an STM unit, new Pazzo break/clutch levers, new aftermarket mirrors, SIL oval pipes, 15/42 gearing, case saver from DesmoTimes, and PG's LED tail light.

In other words, I've done a lot of "bolt on" stuff. The engine's got more than enough power for me, so I want to leave her as she is... un-modded and running beautifully.

With that in mind, beyond the scheduled items for 24,000 mile service (and wheel barrings), is there anything that you all would recommend that I have replaced or upgraded to give my bike a proper reconditioning?

Thanks a lot for your input; look forward to reading your reponses.

Best,

P.S. If there is a thread somewhere which covers this topic, I apologize in advance (didn't find one)...:D

·
Still needs a life.
12,619 Posts
You may want to go to a heavier rear spring if you weigh much more than the mythical 165lb Italian rider.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Bill, I am in the 220 (probably 235-240 when fully leathered up) region so a new spring might be in order. When you upgraded your rear spring do you recall what brand you used?

I will do a search too.

·
Registered
361 Posts
I replaced the springs and added gold valves for my weight 230#s, best mod I made. the spring rear was olins, front was race tech. Also replacethe tapered head brearings while you have the forks off.

·
Still needs a life.
12,619 Posts
Thanks, Bill, I am in the 220 (probably 235-240 when fully leathered up) region so a new spring might be in order. When you upgraded your rear spring do you recall what brand you used?

I will do a search too.
I am in the same range. The new rear spring was an Ohlins.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mojo, thanks a bunch for the details and excellent idea on the bearings. Will do.

Best,

1 - 8 of 8 Posts