Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well ...nipped down to the painters today & i am about to fit the stickers tomorrow ahead of the laquer.

Thought i,d get a couple of pics for you lot as i know you like to be kept up to date with our goings on

Even without the topcoat i love it already...woo hoo

HEY LOOK..The back light is out...

Attachments

·
Registered
247 Posts
Lookin good D :) Can't wait to see it lacquered and built up. My son's a spray painter, better not let him see this !

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers matey..I was hoping to sort it this week but i want the paint to be hardened properly before fitting it back together.
I,m off to Morroco next week for a hard earned rest so i,ll have to wait until i come back

·
Banned
2,888 Posts
HEY LOOK..The back light is out...
Rubbing it in is not how you get compliments from me Blackie. But I'll oblige anyways, that Green looks really good. Forget about the vacation, or just take the bike with you: It is more important for us to see it completed....:D Have fun on your trip!

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ta Chaps

I,m hoping the 1098 rear light is the same size as i have ordered a smoked led version cos it will look the knackers

·
Registered
3,848 Posts
I havn't heard of anyone using laquer in more than a decade, sure isn't urethane or the new water base they've been using in Europe now?
However, it looks great!

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Bollox....One smoked light for sale then .....

·
Blame the universe not the tank!
3,234 Posts
looking fantastic! Was the sticker/decal going to be something custom?

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Just caught up with this thread and I think you are onto it Blackie... looks fantastic!

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
looking fantastic! Was the sticker/decal going to be something custom?
Hi Bill

The stickers are original going back on but i have had a special matrix one done on similar lines to the 998 matrix sticker for the tailpiece

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
My painter is good at his job but shit at pics, He did however send me some to salivate over. I can only imagine how shiny that is in real life.......woo hoo

Attachments

1 - 20 of 29 Posts