Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Not something you see every day....

Then again, I did the same with my last Harley. Just left it in the parking lot when I moved

·
Still needs a life.
12,525 Posts
Have the police checked for the owner? I have heard registration requirements are quite strict in Japan, including updates on any changes made to the bike. A friend once told me that crime is so low in Japan that you could leave a bike parked on the street for days and no one would touch it.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
The grip is fugly, the chain is rusty. Otherwise it looks OK. I see no plate.
Would the cops there do a sting operation?
You load it up and they bust you?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The only way I can see that it Could see the road again is if I bought a frame that has paperwork and then swapped everything onto the new frame. Lot of hassle, but could be worth it.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I'll guess it's not as good as it looks after that long outside.
But that’s the point isn’t it?
Get something that was left to rot and bring it back to life..... of course a lot will have to be changed, likely buying a new (used) one would be cheaper, but the transformation process is what is really worth.
Like buying a rotten 60’s VW Beetle and totally renewing it, mechanics, panel, electric, upholstery, etc. I will one day take in one of these projects, just need to continue working (a lot) on the permit with “the boss”....

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
No abandoned property laws in Japan that would allow you to claim it?
Unfortunately not. The rules are so outdated with regards to things like that. IF I could track the owner down I would need his "inkan" (stamp) on the new owners documents and the original registration papers. I'm going back tomorrow and will do a quick YouTube video about it and see if any locals can offer any advice...

·
Registered
370 Posts
You could do a Johnny Cash... "One piece at a time.." Take a part or two off each visit until you get the whole bike home. If anyone asks, just say you're working on your bike! 😏

·
Still needs a life.
12,525 Posts
I'm surprised no one has complained about it sitting there for at least eight years. If you file a complaint with the police, will they pick it up and sell it at auction if the owner does not claim it?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts