Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I have a manifold that I'm trying to find longer studs for. It's an S2R 800 and the stock M8 studs don't even come close to what I need.

I'm looking at at least 2 1/2" - 3" idk what brand the manifolds are but they're way nicer than the stock.

I'm particular about it being pipe per exhaust port instead of joined like the M800 or M620.

I can include a picture of the exhaust manifold if that helps. I'd appreciate a direct link to a product since all my Google fu isn't turning much up. I'm gonna hit up my dealer later.

·
Premium Member
1,626 Posts
Maybe I don’t understand what your asking? You just need a longer M8 stud? You can easily buy from fastener shops, like fastenal, lightning bolts, Tacoma screw etc. or you could simply order from the internet M8 all-thread and cut to the exact length you want?

·
Premium Member
1,626 Posts
Still not exactly sure your goal but here we go. I have a S2R1000 on the bench and the 620 I have on hand are the same so I assume the 800 is also the same exhaust manifold stud.

Stock size is 8mm with 1.25 thread pitch and the length is 45mm.

So you need a 8mm stud with 1.25 thread pitch to whatever length you desire, as long as it is at least 45mm long. On a exhaust manifold I would recommend grade 8.

8mm has 2 different thread pitches. You can see in the chart, I highly recommend you spend a few dollars and also buy a pitch gauge which you see in the picture and the blue plate to help you identify metric or STD fasteners…it will make your future jobs much easier without guessing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts