Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
since getting my suspension set up and ride height adjusted the kickstand is now too short. Has anyone found replacement kick stands that are longer or bolt on extenders similar to what the BMW guys have available?

·
Registered
324 Posts
Using blocks of wood as shims measure how much longer you want your stand to be. Then remove and take it to a competent welder. You can add a plate under the foot or just lengthen the shaft. Grind, prime, and paint,

Jeff in colorado

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Using blocks of wood as shims measure how much longer you want your stand to be. Then remove and take it to a competent welder. You can add a plate under the foot or just lengthen the shaft. Grind, prime, and paint,

Jeff in colorado
a good welder should be able to match the material? it's not some exotic Italian steel or something, is it? ;-)

·
Chilehead
6,982 Posts
Park on hills with the kickstand uphill, or use the center stand.

In my garage, I use blocks of wood under the side stands.

On my girlfriend's moped, I riveted some aluminum to the base to make it longer.

All of these ideas work, just choose what works best for you.

Tom

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Park on hills with the kickstand uphill, or use the center stand.

In my garage, I use blocks of wood under the side stands.

All of these ideas work, just choose what works best for you.

Tom
yup, I do all of that already. I was looking for something more universal.

·
Registered
920 Posts
a good welder should be able to match the material? it's not some exotic Italian steel or something, is it? ;-)
I had a welder add about 1 1/2" of bar stock to the center of the kick stand. It cost approximately $7,000. Plane ticket to Italy, expenses like rental car to track down that "special" I talian metal. I say approximately because he keeps sending me "updated" bills. :D

I think I really paid about $15.00. Already had rattle can black paint.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have never used these, but it looks like an option

http://www.drdesmo.com/kstnsblt.htm
I've used the drdesmo kickstand foot on two bikes. Once installed it works very well. It's a bit of a pain to install because you have to drill a precise hole in the bottom of the existing foot. Even with a drill press, it's hard to clamp down the kickstand in the right position.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts