Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey fellas,

Took a spill awhile back and i think my handlebar or bar raiser is tweaked some, just hasn't felt the same since and the bike reacts quicker to the left with less input. I also want a bar that is a little wider because I got some CRG mirrors and they clamp onto the stock bar but they need a little more room to not be halfway off the bar. Any recommendations?

Also, I know they are way expensive but how do you guys like the Ducati performance Rearsets? I'm thinking about a set down the road but maybe it's not worth it, I read some of you guys don't like the ground clearance of the stock ones and I hope to get my hyper to the track some day and I'd rather not take a spill dragging peg if I ever get to that point, especially once my new exhaust goes on.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
IMO, the DP rearset are the best looking available.
The big turnoff for me is that none of the parts on those rearset are available separetly... it is unacceptable for that kind of price tag.

I would go with Woodcraft, it's cheaper than DP at 650$ or 670$ if you choose the folding tips.
Spare parts are available.
It's US made, so you have a customer service in english and you know for sure if you need parts in august you wont be fucked.

·
Premium Member
376 Posts
CRG makes a bar end mount that the mirrors can clamp onto. I opted for the Rhino moto bar end sliders with CRG mount RHINOMOTO "CRG" Handle Bar Sliders: Hypermotard There are threads out there with handlebar measurements and then you can buy an aftermarket bar for your bend/length desires. I tapped my bars for nylon inserts from G2 Ergonomics for the sliders for a stronger mount. G2 Nylon Bar End Mounts

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
Bar ends might be better for you than a longer bar, if all you want to do is slap mirrors on. The rhino moto bar ends and crg mirrors are what i went with for a while then I switched to the motovationusa bar end weights/sliders and they feel much more secure than the rhinomoto ones did. I second the woodcraft rear sets, I keep spares in my tool box for the track. Note that you will lose the passenger pegs.

In addition I have found after a lowside that the rubber damper that the riser bolts to had tweeked a little was making the bars not sit in a line across the top of the triple clamp. Just unbolt the riser on the bottom and reposition it. May or may not help in your case.

·
Banned
8,181 Posts
Consider that longer bars may affect your steering input, leverage.

Also, there are round foot pegs from shift tech I believe which for $95 you can add in place of the flat ones which comes stock with the hyper... These raise your foot up and about one inch, but leave the brake lever and shifter in same position. Just a thought.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey thank you all for the awesome recommendations.

Good point about a new/longer bar changing steering input, figure it wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing though. If the bar turns out to be bent then i figured I might look into an aftermarket one since I need a slightly longer one anyways, then I can avoid getting bar inserts to mount the mirrors properly. That would also leave the option to mount bar sliders which I think would be nice.

I think Saturday I'm going to my local shop and have them check it out, guy said the fork could have twisted in the clamps or something. Call me crazy but I think the left side of the front tire is wearing more then the right side and I think I hear a whining noise coming from the front. We shall see!

Good point about the duc rear sets having no spare parts available, that's definitely a turn off but yea they are hawt looking. New rear sets aren't necessarily high on my priority list but would be a neat mod. I saw some of you guys mention the woodcrafts before on here, they sound pretty legit. No girlfriend at the moment so rear pegs aren't really an issue at the moment I guess :(

·
Premium Member
376 Posts
I personally wouldn't want a bar any longer than what I have (Pro Taper Contour Carmichael bend) but your tastes may be different. The Rhino-moto bar end mirror mounts add length so it's plenty long enough for me. I didn't grow up on dirtbikes though. Are you wanting a longer bar for more leverage or steering inputs? It could be a suspension adjustment would suit you better and not require any parts to be bought.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts