Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The SF-to-LA thread got me thinking about long hauls. Anybody got any good "long trip" stories?

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
MikeM said:
The SF-to-LA thread got me thinking about long hauls. Anybody got any good "long trip" stories?
Did I tell you about the trip I took to Iceland and Greenland? It all started when I had to be in Reykjavik in time for ......

Oh, do you mean on bikes? Never mind.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
MikeM said:
One time this hen slipped a tab of acid into my drink.

It was a long trip, for maybe a few days. To deal with it, she basically confined me to a hotel [hers] bedroom. On a Friday she got us naked and then on the weekend we ......

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
RotoRooterGuy said:
One time this hen slipped a tab of acid into my drink.

It was a long trip, for maybe a few days. To deal with it, she basically confined me to her bedroom. On a Friday she got us naked and then on the weekend we ......

Dude, you're slippin'. You're supposed to include PICS!!!! ;)

·
Registered
406 Posts
Ok here goes:

First ever Nevada 1100 and the 120mph Cop
Utah 1088 and the 100mph Cop
Strafing the nuclear weapons storage site and the F-16 flyover.
Tonopah at 3am.
Hyrdoplaning at 110 mph in a 30mph sidewind :think:
Alaska, the red wolf and the sour toe.
Furr Spiders.
Park rangers, Phantom Ranch and snow in september.
Yellowstone buffalo.
Mexico cropduster.
Guatemala Guerrillas and Rudolfo the Godfather.
Parking the bikes in the Hotel Lobby.
Camping at the end of a runway... DOH!
The Africa Twin :cool: , Arkansas and the illegitimate son of the daugher of a tent preacher. And nekkid kids playing in the front yard with farm animals under the watchfull eye of a shotgun. :D
Tacos in Tecate.
Entered in the Baja 1000.
Seattle and the Orcas
Jasper and the Hostel curfew.
Blizzard out of Red Deer (Fear for your life kind of stuff).
British girls are cold fish (sort of).
Butte Montana "What the hell are you doing man?" :D
Mammoth hot springs.
Hustling the circus 9-ball man in Jackson Wy
Crow Agency Montana (Definatly don't go there). :eek:
Bodie Ghost town.
Palenque :rolleyes:
Paonia BMW ralley
Junction Utah
St louis street walkers.
Beal street.
The worlds largest ball of paint.
Talking your way out of parking tolls at the seattle airport. ;)
Oil on Deals Gap
Alliance Kansas. I rode all the freaking way out here for this?

All of these events/trips have memorable, funny, interesting stories. Thanks for taking me down a quick memory lane. There are many many more.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
MikeM said:
Dude, you're slippin'. You're supposed to include PICS!!!! ;)
WHAT MAKES YOU THINK THERE ARE PICS? :mad: THAT WOULD BE PERVERTED, HAVING PICS OF THE DEBAUCHERY.:eek:

And a post in this "Timmy Tourist Long Trip Stories" thread would be inappropriate. So I'm not posting them, even if I had some, which I don't. I must be in compliance with Duc-MS posting rules. I always want to be in compliance.

·
Registered
3,448 Posts
The longest I went with any of my Ducatis has been from South Carolina to Key West.......story here...

http://members.aol.com/TBoling125/key_west.html

I have been riding my old Harley for my long trips, so here's where I've been on two wheels....so far:

http://members.aol.com/TBoling125/bike_trip_map.html

Most of the write-up are VERY long-winded, and I still haven't finished one or two of them, but here is the page to get to my more noteably lengthed trips:

http://members.aol.com/TBoling125/bike_trips.html

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
Not sure if my 24 hour Giro De Jamaica on a Vespa with unscheduled pitstops and attempted technical inspection of my vehicle and bikini'd girl friend ( Rollie Free had no speed technique advantages on us on the down hill leg through the Blue Mountains) via local commercial ganja and criminal justice interests, would qualify for this thread....

( And in a larger sense, thanks for the reminder that it is the people we meet and the adventures we have are what really counts. It certainly isn't the hardware.)

MikeM said:

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
bevel450 said:
Not sure if my 24 hour Giro De Jamaica on a Vespa with unscheduled pitstops and technical inspection of my vehicle and bikini'd girl friend via local commercial ganja and criminal justice interests would qualify for this thread....

LOL. Here's one you'll appreciate. Like I said, I'm not much for long trips myself but there were a bunch of us talking bikes at a party and we got on the topic of long trips. The usual stuff... guys riding down to Mexico, through the Canadian Rockies, etc. It looked like the de facto winner of the I-can-top-that award was going to be the rider who told tales of cruising through SA on a Gold Wing when an older guy joined in and explained how in the early fifties he had travelled from Munich through France and over the Pyrenees and on to Barcelona - on a Lambretta.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
bevel450 said:
Not sure if my 24 hour Giro De Jamaica on a Vespa with unscheduled pitstops and attempted technical inspection of my vehicle and bikini'd girl friend ( Rollie Free had no speed technique advantages on us on the down hill leg through the Blue Mountains) via local commercial ganja and criminal justice interests followed by would qualify for this thread....

( And in a larger sense, thanks for the reminder that it is the people we meet and the adventures we have are what really counts. It certainly isn't the hardware.)
Vespa rules.

·
Registered
406 Posts
MikeM said:
The usual stuff... guys riding down to Mexico
Haha makes it sound mundane...

Runnin through Chiapas and getting the shakedown buy bandits toting uzi's and AK-47's. Sounds like the usual everyday kind of trip story! Still remember how big those barrels looked when they are inches from your nostrils... Just the usual!

Oh, and the Baja trip where the town police "supposedly planted cocaine" on one of the bikes and held us in what they called a jail overnight demanding all our money (which he already had)... Just the usual :) (Turns out the chief was from Redwood City CA, making a living fleecing travelers).

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
Roto,

Glad you agree on the Vespa. They were/are a lot of fun. We sold ours to a very drunk German fellow over in Port Antonio who for a while, actually used it to drive around his yacht on. He wanted to collect a few drinks back home over the adventures of our little wasp. But it was not to be. We were told some months later that it ended up in the Atlantic after an unplanned endo over the starboard side.

Now, let's jump to the present and tell the assembled forum just why your hen is apparently writing my name in lipstick on your mirror ? BTW, very lovely lady.

RotoRooterGuy said:
Vespa rules.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts