Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Started riding a few years ago. First bike was a Harley 883 Dark. I got bored with it in a few months, and quickly sold it. Next up was the Monster 796. This was my gateway drug into Ducati. Great ergonomics, loved the L-twin sound... but it was still relatively docile compared to the inline-4 superbikes my friends were riding.

Fast forward. I traded in my M796 for a 2010 848 Dark. I was in love. The sound... the matte black finish... the sound! But oh my aching back... and wrists. I moved into the Lakeview neighborhood of Chicago, and city riding combined with my bad back were pure torture at times. I lusted after the Streetfighter, but the 1098 was a bit too rich for my blood.

When the rumors of an 848SF swirled... I was giddy. After it was officially announced, I sold my 848 superbike, and put a downpayment down for the 848SF. First I was sold on the black. As the wait grew, I started leaning toward red. Definitely, classic Ducati red. Finally, my dealer called and said they had a yellow in stock. No way did I want a yellow.

I stopped in and test rode a Speed Triple. I nearly bought it out of pure impatience for the delay in the SF. The more I looked at the way the pearlescent yellow looked in the sun, it sold me. Yellow it was.

I rode it over 150 miles yesterday, and I'm in love with this bike. I guess the 4th time's a charm. The ergonomics, the aesthetic appeal, the sexiness, the sound, the performance... I couldn't ask for anything more.

·
Registered
18 Posts
GSX-R to Streetfighter

I went from a GSX-R 750 to a Ducati S4R Monster (I miss it everyday) to a Harley Davidson Softail Deluxe to HD Muscle and Back to Ducati With my 2011 Streetfighter. I thought I could get into the HD lifestyle... but it's like the girl you thought you liked, but once your dating, you go back to the girl next door. I love my Ducati and I'll never go back...Welcome

·
Premium Member
12,295 Posts
Yellow is good!
One can live with any colour if you are into the riding as much as just how one looks.
Nice to find a bike that fits your style.
Enjoy it for what it is...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts