Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of getting a new Scrambler (800cc). I assume it's great on local roads where I'll do most of my riding, but couple times a year I go on long highway rides, 400+ miles. How's the bike with highway riding ~ 70mph ? I ask because I had a 2005 Monster 620 and it was unbearably buzzy thru the bars on the HWY. I assume the 1100 Scrambler would be better, but like I said, most riding is on the backroads these days for me.
Thanks
Tony

·
Registered
460 Posts
I'm thinking of getting a new Scrambler (800cc). I assume it's great on local roads where I'll do most of my riding, but couple times a year I go on long highway rides, 400+ miles. How's the bike with highway riding ~ 70mph ? I ask because I had a 2005 Monster 620 and it was unbearably buzzy thru the bars on the HWY. I assume the 1100 Scrambler would be better, but like I said, most riding is on the backroads these days for me.
Thanks
Tony
Im considering a 1100 in exchange for my multistrada. I mostly ride around town also but occasionally ride long distance. The multi is really too heavy for me for the frequent short trips around town but having that windscreen is nice! If I switch to the scrambler - I will prob install one before the long highway rides thenjust remove it after.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I own a 2017 Desert Sled but only test ridden 2 or 3 Standard Scramblers. Speaking from my Sled, the engine is very smooth on the freeway, nearly "water glass" smooth between 5-6k rpm which is roughly 70-80 mph.

It's much smoother than my Sport Classic 1000 which is pretty smooth from 4-5k rpm.

I have the MRA windscreen on it now and it's OK for local rides but I'd want something taller for longer distance. I have Barkbuster hand guards with the Storm shields and they help a lot.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts