Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I've owned my 06' SC1000 my engine has had a strange surging. I feel it predominantly when I just hold the throttle at a steady speed. I also had trouble with idle surging/dying. My local dealer (St. Louis) couldn't figure it out. They tested the stepper motor, timing etc... The dealer told me they found some exhaust leaks which corrected the idling issues but the bike was running very lean. After almost 10 hours of labor the dealer reported back to me that they defaulting to the ECU. After a month my bike was returned while the dealer was going to track down an ECU. Its been a month and I still have not heard from that dealer. (Im still a little disappointed after the money and time of separation that I didn't get my GF fixed)

Since they told me my bike is running lean (like most do) I threw a FATDUC on it. Didn't notice to much of a difference till the engine hit its normal running temp. Got off the highway and the bike surged to 3k at idle. I couldn't trick it back to the default idle unless I turned off the bike. After the third time I pulled over and removed it. It hasn't idled like that since.

So... I guess I will take matters into my own hands. I might as well put a DP ECU on my bike. I probably would have eventually placed one on my bike regardless of the surging. If anyone has one for sale or ideas how to fix my mistress, I'm open to suggestions.

*Also, I want to make it clear Im not saying this dealer is incompetent. I have no doubt the mechanic was trying everything he could. I spoke to him several times through this operation. Every time I talked to him he was able to restore my confidence.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Dp ecu

:)Sorry to hear your Duc has been having some issues...to some degree it sounds your your valve guides may be the source of your problems as the 2006's have this known issue...use search and see what I am referring to...I am not a mechanic...just my 2 cents

As for a DP ECU...many places will reflash your ECU for a fee...try MOTOWHEELS and I am sure others can recommend a good place:)

·
Registered
286 Posts
I have one on the shelf

I bought mine from Gotham Cycles, I wanted a factory reflashed ecu and the original to put on the shelf for later. It has the rpm limiter raised. Gotham sells them for about $500.
I don't know any dealers that will reflash an oem unit to the DP race ecu spec. Mine wouldn't but they'll sell you one!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.