Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about to knock out a 400mile straight through ride on my 848, any tips to make it more comfortable?

·
Registered
442 Posts
Trade it in for a multistrada lol...

Just take breaks and don't forget to stretch, if your carving corners for that long, you'll love it. If its highway, ouch.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am heading down from Monterey to LA on the Pacific Coats Highway. So it has a good amount of cornering, as far as highways are concerned.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am heading down from Monterey to LA on the Pacific Coats Highway. So it has a good amount of cornering, as far as highways are concerned.
I've done that ride a couple of times. It's great until you get South of Morro Bay.

But like it was said before, a quick 5 or 10 minute stretch every hour can be a huge help.

·
Registered
938 Posts
I regularly do 400+ mile days and every year do at least a couple of 600+ mile days, although not on an 848, but on a 916 and 1199S. I'm in my early 50s and definitely could be in better shape.

- Wear ear plugs or earbuds. Cutting down fatigue from noise helps tremendously.
- Focus on using your core muscles so you don't lean on your hands and wrists and can maintain a very light grip.
- Vary your riding position from being very forward and more rearward to vary the pressure points on your body and the stress on your muscles and joints.
- Focus on relaxing and remaining loose while riding. As always, let the bike do the work.
- Keep yourself hydrated.

Sounds like a great ride. Have fun and best of luck.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I think you'll be fine. I've driven thru there and not boring at all.

·
Registered
461 Posts
yeah you'll do fine. that stretch has enough curves you won't be sitting still on the bike much. i've done that ride many times on the 996 and its no biggie and i've got to ride many straight miles just to get there!

·
Registered
31 Posts
I've also done that ride multiple times on superbikes. Used to live in Bay Area and then Orange County. Good advice so far on keeping loose and avoiding boring roads. Depending on where you want to end up in LA, think about cutting across around Morro Bay to 41 then 58 then short stint on 14 to Angeles National Forest. Once there, there's plenty more twisty roads to choose from to get you where you want to go.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts