Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
638 Posts
I did a similar trip minus the california part to pick up my Ducati. As they said, june, oregon, rain, be prepared. You'll be passing through my area, if you want to go on a quick scoot and get a bite to eat and take some pictures of our supersports together let me know! I'm always up to meet more ducati.ms members.

PS: Your butt and back will hurt. But if you're tough you can take it! I did a 1500 mile trip after my divorce on my Duc and i was hurting! But it was AWESOME!

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
i know i will get a rash of shit for it...

but an mp3 player isnt a bad idea... or...

i have the Mio DigiWalker GPS. it is also a media player, and very thin with a 4.3 inch screen. i put it in my tank bag facing through the plastic obviously... set the head phones to it, and when it comes time for a direction... i can hear it pretty well through the head phones.

GPS systems are great at night, but sometimes it is hard to see them in high sun. anyone have any solutions for that??

oh yah...
Sargent Seat
Bar Risers
Newer Chain and Sprockets - super important
maybe full suit - i would at least.
and a Honda Goldwing

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Unfortunately I didn't. Some things came that I wasn't able to make it. Was moving & then traveling to Texas for a wedding so sorta missed the chance. I want to make one this coming year and I hope to so if I do I'll definitely post up how it went. I've done several 500+ days so back is sorta used to it heh.

·
Registered
59 Posts
And you didnt take the chance to roll up to the wedding in your tux on the Ducati? for shame lol...
btw I'll +1 the mp3 player or ipod as well, as bad as it it... its not like u can hear anything else when you're riding these things anyways it might as well be somethign you're enjoying

·
Registered
31 Posts
logged lots of 600 plus mile days on my 750ss

18k of dependable miles. Nice day tripper if you can find a decent magnetic tank bag and some kind of tail pack. Limited fuel range and coverage, but a very dependable sport bike that you can take on trips in my opinion.

Attachments

·
Registered
454 Posts
18k of dependable miles. Nice day tripper if you can find a decent magnetic tank bag and some kind of tail pack. Limited fuel range and coverage, but a very dependable sport bike that you can take on trips in my opinion.
Not sure I agree with the poor fuel range, I did a 3000km holiday on my 900SS a year ago and I ran 380km on a tank and had a litre left in the tank so I reckon thats not a bad range, I certainly wouldn't want to go to much further without stretching my legs ... again can only speak for the earlier SS because thats what I have got but I couldn't imagine a bike that could be a better all rounder than the Ducati Supersport.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
And you didnt take the chance to roll up to the wedding in your tux on the Ducati? for shame lol...
You know, it's funny that you mention this since my buddy & I actually discussed this but traveling across the US w/a 7 year old on the back w/all the stuff we needed just wasn't an option. Would been going from Vancouver, WA to San Antonio, TX. Would have been an awesome ride but not when I also have a 7 year old on the back. My buddy was actually going to have all the grooms men, was one of those heh, arrive in different vehicles from a Ferrari to Viper and me on a Ducati. There is a dealership outside of San Antonio on IH10 but not sure how they would have felt about a "loaner" bike heh. Turned out to be a good thing that we didn't actually do this since when I got there it was raining for almost two weeks straight. Was way to wet to ride down there w/the nuts on the road.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts