Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Carpal Tunnel slowly setting in from multiple sources. So, Throttlemeister or Vista-Cruz? Who has what and what do you like or dislike? Please, stay on topic - no other comments unless you'd like to start a related thread.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Big thick hair rubber band wedged between your throttle grip and your brake lever perch, wrapped twice. Slows down the throttle snap but doesn't lock it open. My husband hates that I do this but sometimes I just need to give my throttle hand a breather without that abrupt violent decel...

·
Premium Member
1,222 Posts
Throttlemeister for my ST3 is great. The added plus is they are heavier than the stock ends so they also help reduce the vibrations.

·
The days are getting longer!
8,278 Posts
+1 for the "Throttlemeister" very well made!

·
Registered
792 Posts
The Throttlemeister is by far and away the nicest made option. However, I had one on a VFR a few years ago and almost never used it because it was hard to operate. I found the twist-to-lock motion difficult and never really got the hang of it. Before dropping the cash on a Throttlemeister I'd highly suggest you try one out on a ride to see if you like the way it operates.

RiderWarehouse (Aerostich) has a few options in their catalog. For highway travel I use a Throttle Rocker that installs with velcro and removes the need to grip the throttle, which is the source of my particular brand of elbow pain. The best part is that it only cost about $10 and removes in about five seconds when the twisties start.

·
Super Moderator
8,215 Posts
I got one of these at the local motorcycle shop..

http://www.biltema.se/products/productimage.asp?iItemId=135143
Cheap and it works well. Maybe not the best for really long cruises on the highway, but perfect for that 30-minute commute where you need to change speed often/constantly.
And the big plus is that even a bonehead like me can use it instantly, its very "safe" AND it fits any motorcycle.

//amullo

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
I have the same thing as Amullo on my 748. It works very well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts