Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was today. Seemed like a good crowd. No Ducati test rides, but they did have their new bikes there.
I guess I should have looked for the SF V4, but I wanted to see the Monsters.
The new 1200S with Rizoma farkles did not look that much different than my 2014 model. The 821 feels similar just sitting on it.
The Multistrada 1260 is not too tall like I suspected, but the Hypermotard is for the tall folks.
Test rides next year please, Ducati! OK, I realize it must cost a fortune to do.

Only took a few pics of some of the custom choppers without stoppers / no front brake.
That's some silly shit right there. Or, call it art.
Also a couple naked photos of the Yamaha 3 wheeler Niken. Weird.

Possibly the weirdest of all, a $30,000 electric Harley.
What say you, Hog faithful? o_O

Pics.
Image00001.jpg
Image00002.jpg
Image00004.jpg
Image00005.jpg
Image00006.jpg
Image00007.jpg
Image00008.jpg
Image00009.jpg
Image00013.jpg

·
Administrator
11,962 Posts
As we were leaving the show they had a group of about 10 folks going for a test ride on the Harley E-Bike.

·
Premium Member
4,962 Posts
...That's some silly shit right there. Or, call it art...
It's not up to any of us to determine what "defines" art... but for what it's worth, in my opinion you had it right the first time. Some very silly looking shit...

I do find the parallelogram linkage setup on the three wheeler interesting however... ;)

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The silly part imho is the extended forks that prevent turning worth a damn, and the no front brakes.
I would not ride a bike with no front brake.

·
Premium Member
1,195 Posts
Was today. Seemed like a good crowd. No Ducati test rides, but they did have their new bikes there.
I guess I should have looked for the SF V4, but I wanted to see the Monsters.
The new 1200S with Rizoma farkles did not look that much different than my 2014 model. The 821 feels similar just sitting on it.
The Multistrada 1260 is not too tall like I suspected, but the Hypermotard is for the tall folks.
Test rides next year please, Ducati! OK, I realize it must cost a fortune to do.

Only took a few pics of some of the custom choppers without stoppers / no front brake.
That's some silly shit right there. Or, call it art.
Also a couple naked photos of the Yamaha 3 wheeler Niken. Weird.

Possibly the weirdest of all, a $30,000 electric Harley.
What say you, Hog faithful? o_O

Pics. View attachment 976902 View attachment 976903 View attachment 976904 View attachment 976905 View attachment 976906 View attachment 976907 View attachment 976908 View attachment 976909 View attachment 976910
The silly part imho is the extended forks that prevent turning worth a damn, and the no front brakes.
Mom always said that if I can't say anything nice about some thing or someone I shouldn't say anything at all. So I won't. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
1,092 Posts
Mom always said that if I can't say anything nice about some thing or someone I shouldn't say anything at all. So I won't. :rolleyes:
Ditto...........

·
Smut peddler
852 Posts
I saw Scott at a booth getting some blue goo shot into his ears. Dudes got some strange fetishes.

As for the choppers, I appreciate the paint and fabrication work the people put into them. Some real creative people.

·
Premium Member
3,497 Posts
I don't really consider "pull the bike off the trailer, start it, ride it 200 yards down an insanely crowded street then park it so everyone can spill beer on it" to be riding.

·
Administrator
11,962 Posts
I saw Scott at a booth getting some blue goo shot into his ears. Dudes got some strange fetishes.
There is something so satisfying about having Blue Goo in one ear and Red Goo in the other ear at a motorcycle show. Total Sensory Deprivation
🙉

·
Registered
152 Posts
No front brake works pretty well for the flat trackers !!! My BIL used to ride a beat old FLH with no front brake. He also rode with a baseball hat facing forward and no windshield. I think he has magical powers.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
" ... bla bla bla Harleys suck ass ... bla bla ... motorcycles as art are not motorcycles ... bla bla bla ... no front brakes are stupid ... bla bla...."

But yet parking a motorcycle is one's living room that is cleaner than the furniture in said living room is ok ... so sayeth many Ducatista.

They're SHOW BIKES people ... some folks take more pleasure in building mechanical art than they do riding what they build, and that's ok!

I'd pay money for this, and I'd proudly wear my black leather jacket while doing so as well!! 145bhp, that's enough for me, thanks. And with only one front brake! (oh the horror!).

I actually did pay money for this .... $3,499 brand new in 1984 to be specific ... rode the holy piss out of it without one single problem ... had more fun on it than I did on the next seven street bikes I owned in the years to follow as well ... isn't that what all this is about? Y'know ... fun?

☮ 🇺🇸 🏁 🇺🇲 🏁 🇺🇲 🏁

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
No front brake works fine for flat trackers.
Art works fine for other folks.
I just wanna get on my bike and ride. :cool:

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
OH NOOOO! No front brake!!!

I'd ride this daily. Or, at least as long as my back would allow.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts