Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone here tried removing the Ducati logo on the back of the GT seat? If so how did you do it? I'm going to try to figure out a way to use the DP tail bag without the luggage rack/grab rail and I think the two logos - one above the other - might be a bit much.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Don't you know it's always best to have the most labels possible between your bike, gear, helmet, accessories, untensils, timekeeping devices, housewares, computer peripherals, personal electronic devices, and undergarments?

He with the most Ducati labels wins! :D

·
Registered
309 Posts
Don't you know it's always best to have the most labels possible between your bike, gear, helmet, accessories, untensils, timekeeping devices, housewares, computer peripherals, personal electronic devices, and undergarments?

C.f. mr. Chunk's latest acquisition :)

@Jeff_Quan,
I'd advise a quick spin to the local furniture builder / upholstery, if you got one. They ought to know what the leather can take and what it can't, in terms of ways to remove the label or chemicals to wash it off. Also if it's not feasible to remove the label, you may be able to just have them replace the piece of leather in question. And it's going to be cheaper than any 'official' route. For as you know
* DUCATI object with DUCATI label: Lots of money.
* DUCATI object without DUCATI label: Lots of money, plus 50 percent, for the exclusiveness :)

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hmm, lets see. 2 logos on the tank, 1 on the seat, 1 on the tail bag, 3 on the 80's jacket, 4 decals attached to my full face helmet, 6 decals on my beannie helmet... that makes 17 so far. Don't have any Ducati underwear though. I'm all for logos but with two of them so close I'm afraid anyone I pass will think I studder when I talk.

Maybe we should start a survey on this?

·
Registered
985 Posts
Some people just lust over that logo, some to the point that they will not buy the "comfort" because it does not sport that white logo. And you want to remove it??? :D

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Check your owner's manual

Jeff - I seem to remember the manual warning not to use certain cleaning agents on the seat logo as they will remove it. You might want to check the manual and do what they say not to do! This might be the most help you'll ever get from the manual!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
702 Posts
Jeff

If you wait a couple of weeks, I can send you for experimentation the printed part of the seat from one we're cutting up right now to make the upholstery for a new seat. PM me your mailing address if you want it.

Nimi

·
Registered
3,057 Posts
I'd imagine as the inks are designed to bond with the plastic any solvent harsh enough to remove the logo will also destroy the finish of the seat.
If you can get that piece off Nimi to test solvents on, start off with mild eg alcohol then move up to more aggressive products like acetone.

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
What about painting it over with some kind of vinyl paint or dye? Maybe just diminish the white lettering so it doesn;t stand out so much? Just thinking out loud here....

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks Nimi. PM sent. I'll post up once I have some results.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What about painting it over with some kind of vinyl paint or dye? Maybe just diminish the white lettering so it doesn;t stand out so much? Just thinking out loud here....
Thought about just pulling out the ol' Sharpie marker.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Bingo. Krylon makes a paint line called fusion, it will stick to the seat material and match exactly to the seat. I did this on a new ATV, they came with those ugly "warning" labels imbedded into the seat material. That seat took alot of abuse and the paint over that area held up perfect.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts