Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has any one found a way to modify a mounting ring from Coretecht or other manufactures to fit the ST? I would love to use a Coretech Dryver bag on mine.

·
Premium Member
5,682 Posts
I don't have one, but I know these guys have been around for a while.

Tank Locker

Are you sure you would need to modify the Cortech bag? Ducati used the same fuel cap assembly on a lot of bikes for many years. The 999 and the Sport Classic series being two I can think of that are different. At a glance, the 1098/1198 series bolt pattern looks the same too. Maybe send them an email.

·
Retired Pipe Polisher C2H6O+
19,081 Posts
I found these types of bag mounts didn't work very well on the ST because of the location of the gas cap being all the way to the rear of the tank. If the bag mount allows you to slide the bag forward to center it on the tank that means the mount is all the way to the rear of the bag leaving the front to bounce around. This might or might not be an issue for you.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I found these types of bag mounts didn't work very well on the ST because of the location of the gas cap being all the way to the rear of the tank. If the bag mount allows you to slide the bag forward to center it on the tank that means the mount is all the way to the rear of the bag leaving the front to bounce around. This might or might not be an issue for you.
I'm trying to avoid taking the strap on bag loose every time I refuel. Thanks for the info, I'll take that into account before I make a purchase.:)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't have one, but I know these guys have been around for a while.

Tank Locker

Are you sure you would need to modify the Cortech bag? Ducati used the same fuel cap assembly on a lot of bikes for many years. The 999 and the Sport Classic series being two I can think of that are different. At a glance, the 1098/1198 series bolt pattern looks the same too. Maybe send them an email.
The brochures only mention several models of Ducati, all newer than STs,
which triggers my concern.

Rod:confused:

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Hello

I used the "Tank Locker" for years to carry my laptop to and from work on my ST's. It worked great until I got a new computer that didn't fit into their laptop bag.
I still use the small "commuter" tank bags for Sunday morning rides and stuff where I don't want to carry saddlebags. They work great.
Of course, "locking" a nylon tankbag is kind'a relative.....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts