Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any reason why a 999 wouldn't start after a tip over / low side?
Pushing the start button and nothing (no click, crank etc)

Battery good
Fuel pump cycles
Tach cycles
Instrument gauge goes through the motions
In neutral
Clutch In
Kickstand Bypassed

What else should be checked?

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I honestly don't know
After the lowside the ignition was killed.

Loaded her up and hosed it completely down with the body work off.
It had so much dirt caked everywhere that a blowing off with air would not do the trick.
After drying it.. no start. I didn't try starting it after the wreck so I couldn't really say if it was the water or what?

But, came home from work today, cleaned out the air filters just in case and she started right up.

Go figure? I figure something got wet?

·
Registered
271 Posts
I can sympathize. We've all had those cold sweat moments where, having washed the bike, we go to push the start button and-click-no dice. This is my one and only complaint about Ducatis. I understand that Ducs are built from a history of racing and for the track, leaving out all erroneous pieces, but for the premium that is paid for these bikes, we deserve at least the ability to hose down the bike without fear of it not starting.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Precisely. Every time I give it a wash, I take off the right side panel and put a baggy over the relays right next to the battery. Works, but it's an annoyance.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
I never hose down my road bikes, I just wipe off the dirt and grime with a wet towel. I'll hose down my dirt bike when it gets muddy, but there are too many stories about electrical glitches caused by people hosing down Ducatis.

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
I never hose down my road bikes, I just wipe off the dirt and grime with a wet towel. I'll hose down my dirt bike when it gets muddy, but there are too many stories about electrical glitches caused by people hosing down Ducatis.
+1....the convenience just isn't worth the INEVITABLE grief !

1 - 11 of 11 Posts