Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,
After a few years of my ST3 sitting because it had a problem with gas getting into oil...

I just got the bike put back together, new belts, oil change, plugs, fuel filter, started her up and she won't idle & pops thru air filter.

I am assuming that when I reinstalled the TB's, reattached the fast idle cable and turned on the bike it won't have popped and all I would do is set the CO with my VDST and off I go. After all the dealer told me they put it on their machine to set the TPs and balanced the linkage? Is it that they only reset the TPS and I have to balance the TB's and set the CO too?
Thx,
Mark

·
Premium Member
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hi Everyone,
After a few years of my ST3 sitting because it had a problem with gas getting into oil...

I just got the bike put back together, new belts, oil change, plugs, fuel filter, started her up and she won't idle & pops thru air filter.

I am assuming that when I reinstalled the TB's, reattached the fast idle cable and turned on the bike it won't have popped and all I would do is set the CO with my VDST and off I go. After all the dealer told me they put it on their machine to set the TPs and balanced the linkage? Is it that they only reset the TPS and I have to balance the TB's and set the CO too?
Thx,
Mark
Hi Everyone,

Thx,
Mark
Ok after a little testing, with my VDST unit, I found that the TPS was set at 2.6 degrees.
My Ducati Workshop manual states that the TPS should be set at 150 volts with everything unhooked(cable, fast start cable and the master throttle adjusting screw is not resting on it's end stop). This is the part I am assuming that when the dealer cleaned the TB's and the injectors, which was off the bike. They set it with the Mathesis tool, the TPS was first set to 150mV the baseline for the TPS? Then the angle of 2.6 degrees set the idle position?
The ducati workshop manual states a throttle angle and voltage equal to 2.3 degree of 403 mV(don't know why 2.6 was used by the dealer).
I guess the way to get the bike to idle smoothly and not pop thru the air filter, I will go through the steps again to set up the TB's. First confirm potentimeter positioning; air flow balancing; idle mixture adjustment. I will use the step by step instructions from Brad the Bike Boy.
Thx,
Mark

·
Premium Member
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thx for the response, I'll set it at 2.3, which I know will work, it has in the pass. Balance the TB's etc and off we go!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts