Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Sophomore Member
2,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Duckman and I are heading to Little Tally on 9/16 for a track day with Sportbike Track Time (STT). Anyone else interested in joining? Its going to be a great time. If we have enough Ducatis show up, maybe one won't break down all day long!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Duckman and I are heading to Little Tally on 9/16 for a track day with Sportbike Track Time (STT). Anyone else interested in joining? Its going to be a great time. If we have enough Ducatis show up, maybe one won't break down all day long!
I’ll be rolling in the evening if the 14th to ride Saturday the 15th. What day is everyone else getting there?

·
Retired Pipe Polisher C2H6O+
18,033 Posts
I’ll get there on Saturday but not sure I’ll get there early enough to ride. Will be there all day Sunday.

Is it possible to get there about noon and still be able to sign up and ride ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Sophomore Member
2,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
In short, no. You have to get a whole day at a time and be there for the rider meeting in the morning.

I'll drive down Saturday afternoon or evening. Like Mike, only riding Sunday.

·
18,033 Posts
I’ll still come out to the track when I get there Saturday, Stephen. I’ll check your lap times for you. Maybe not. I don’t want to find out how slow I am. :)

·
Sophomore Member
2,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Come to Chattanooga and we can goof off for a bit before heading south.

·
Sophomore Member
2,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oof. Sorry to hear that. My number 1 goal every time I get on the track is to not crash. Everything beyond that is extra. Hoping to have a lot of fun without any extra excitement.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I’ll still come out to the track when I get there Saturday, Stephen. I’ll check your lap times for you. Maybe not. I don’t want to find out how slow I am. :)
I promise you can’t be any slower than me.

Last time there, I won a $40,000 collar bone with a side of ribs. Love that track though. Enjoy gents, and be ready for work Monday!
This is what I won last time I was there...

·
Sophomore Member
2,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Tomorrow is fortunately looking cooler. 90 instead of 97 like it was today. Already chugging water.

·
18,033 Posts
Well, we survived!!!

It was a blast!!!

What a great place. This track is perfect for having fun without going deadly fast. The instructors were great and definitely didn’t hold anyone back. They were no shit fast and helped so much in getting back into riding a track.

And T-bills is no shit fast too. I had so much fun riding with him and watching. I learned a LOT!

Oh, and it was Texas hot and humid. I ended up doin 5 of 7 sessions. I pooped out. :)

·
18,033 Posts
I found the hardest part about getting back on the track was to not instinctively take a typical “street” line. It’s hard to remember you have the whole road. :)

Except maybe turn one. That turn is way cool and wicked fast. That and Farm House onto the start straight were my favorite.

·
Sophomore Member
2,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Monkey time

I think this is my favorite photo. It looks like I'm peeking around a corner to look at Mike's tires.

Flogging the 900SS

Chasing Mike

·
18,033 Posts
LOL! Awesome. A good time I’ll never forget!

Thank you Thomas for helping an old man relive his dreams. :)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts