Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to be in LA next month and will rent a bike for the day - Staying at Marina Del Rey and thinking of doing a loop up to the Rock Store for lunch and then down to Malibu for a look see.

Can anyone recommend the best roads not to miss or a bit of a route map.

If we get time
Alternative ride - Best roads/places to eat if we get another free day for a ride :think:

·
Resident Raggamuffin
9,712 Posts
Going to be in LA next month and will rent a bike for the day - Staying at Marina Del Rey and thinking of doing a loop up to the Rock Store for lunch and then down to Malibu for a look see.

Can anyone recommend the best roads not to miss or a bit of a route map.

If we get time
Alternative ride - Best roads/places to eat if we get another free day for a ride
:think:
CA HWY 2 (Angeles Crest Highway)
-Angeles Forest Highway via the 2 (Big Tujunga Rd.)
-Upper Big Tujunga Road ("Nine Mile)
Visit Newcomb's Ranch for on the HWY 2

also, when in the Malibu Area, stop at Neptune's Net on PCH 1 (Pacific Coast Highway) for some tasty clam chowder or basket of fried shrimp.

Enjoy,

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks oalvarez

Just the sort of tip I was looking for, I'm hungry already :)

Cheers

·
Registered
460 Posts
Angeles Crest is great but you also have to hit the Santa Monica Mountains between the 101 and PCH (Pacific Coast Hwy). From Marina Del Rey get on PCH and go west (seems like north but anyway just head up towards Malibu). From there I would:

Go up Latigo Canyon to Kanan Rd and turn right. Stay on Kanan and in about 3/4 miles turn right on Mulholland (stop at the Rock Store if is Fri - Sun) From there I would stay on Mulholland and turn right on Malibu Canyon until you find Piuma on your left (about 2 miles down, Piuma is my favorite but you can make a good point for all of them. Go up Piuma and then you can either go down Stunt Rd towards the valley (possibly on your way to Angeles Crest or go right (down Scheurn, left on Rambla Pacifica, left on Las FLores) and head back to Marina Del Rey.

Have fun. Sunday after 10am is crazy on Mulholland (between Kanan and the Rock Store). Tons of idiots.

·
Registered
299 Posts
+1 on Malibu !

but go n/b on PCH to Las Flores... Take Las Flores Cyn to Rambla Pacifico..go rt... then a rt at Schuren...at the top of Schuren theres a lookout to catch a great view and a pic (if you want).. Then make a hard left and take Stunt.. which will dump out onto Mulholland, go left. From there you can do the 'ol stroll to the Rockstore.... roll past and hit "the Snake"...

Up to you from there 'cuz you can take Mulholland all the way to Encinal, turn right in Lechusa and then left on Decker... Take Decker all the way to PCH !

Then go left on PCH and go down PCH (coastal cruise) to Latigo Canyon.. Go up Latigo Canyon till you get to Kanan !

Great Ride

1 - 7 of 7 Posts