Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
See attached pictures, quite some oil leakage if you ask me. I've had this a few times now, cleaned it, and after a while it comes back. Worrying, or not too bad? It shouldn't happen, should it? The bike is about 8 months old now, and I've driven almost 10.000km with it.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Not normal at all and a problem. Get warranty work done asap and check your oil level often until you do.

·
One Down, 8 to Go
159 Posts
Just before my 600mile service I checked closely for any leaks and found the neutral detent on the crank case misting a bit of oil. Covered under warranty and no problem riding it until they could schedule the service - all day appointment because they needed to drop the swing arm to retorque the bolt. Definitely something to have checked and fixed.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I had something similar happen early on in the piece at around 3-4000km whilst touring around Tasmania. It was a bit distressing to have your new toy leaking oil. A few choice descriptive adjectives were used in Ducati's direction.

My leak was the head retaining nuts on the front cylinder. You can see one in the first photo, the double hex 14mm nut. If you are in the middle of nowhere, tweak them up a bit. All four. Think you have to remove the belt cover on the right side to get to the right side bolts. If you are near a shop get them to torque them up properly. As the bloke at the shop, an ST4s rider, said, they just shake themselves to bits sometimes.

10,000km later and the leak has not recurred. All good. Precautionary oil change might be in order if you have left it a while.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts