Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i wake up to a beautiful morning and think im going to take the 95 916 to work today. So i go to garage turn key power comes on. I start fuel pump it primes go to push the ignitions button. Then i hear a pop and lose all power i mean no power at all. Turn key on and off twice and still no power. Any suggestions what this may be. Im thinking the starter solenoid but if anyone else can help with the problem. It would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
22 Posts
maybe just a fuse? i work on helicopters, and when one of those 2 amp fuses go out, you can hear it pop.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Fuse first. Work your way through the system. Be advised, there is a connection at the Start Relay for the start button. It is under the Relay, small white connector. If this disconnects, the bike will not turn over. That being said, the pop you heard sounds like a fuse. They are on the battery side in a rectangular box. The charging circuit fuse is on right side of batt above the start solenoid....

·
Registered
2001 ST4, 2002 M750S, 2008 848
264 Posts
I would suspect the main 40 amp fuse near the battery.... you'd definitely hear that one pop and once it's gone you'd get no power to anything....

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update:

So i go to on my lunch break and spend it checking the bike. I checked all the fuses and even the big one all good. So i check battery its good. So i decide to turn key on just to see if maybe something. Thats when i hear a loud buzzing noise it was coming from the big yellow relay next to the battery. So im guessing it went bad would this keep the whole bike from getting power at all. I mean i know its the ignition relay so no start but keeping the whole bike from getting power thats tuff.

·
Come in Spinner :)
7,707 Posts
A buzzing relay usually means low voltage, your battery may have died.
Ignition relay powers the bike up, not just the ignition.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Battery

I have checked the battery and it reads 13.3. I know it cant be bad had it on the trickle charger all night. Well i ordered a new relay so we will see when i put it on. Ill keep everyone posted thanks for the help.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok I replaced the ignition relay and the big yellow fuse and nothing. The yellow fuse just buzzes. I guess I'll get a new battery next.

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well last update. Davy.j I should have listened to u in the beginning it was the battery it is no good. Also my charging system is not working. So looks like a new battery and a regulator.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Check the two yellow older model or three yellow newer model wire
plug behind the battery tray is in good condition before you
buy a new reg/rec.
This can give problems for the charging of the battery.

brian.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well someone punch me in my throat. I go to remove battery and notice the negative bolt is loose. So I tighten it and try to start the bike and walla she starts. I punched myself after that. Thanks everyone for the help.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts